Medical Renal Registered Nurse
Company: Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special
expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma),
Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive
Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, -and Wound Care Management. Las
Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in
the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate
facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and
cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility
are committed to caring for our community with compassionate,
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount
program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center
and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.- In collaboration with the
patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care
team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and
coordinates treatment plans
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following
patient population(s):- Esophagitis, Gastrointestinal disorders,
Kidney and Urinary Tract infections, Pneumonia and Pleurisy,
Septicemia, Nutritional and Metabolic disorders, Cellulitis
Pulmonary Edema and Respiratory Failure, COPD, Diabetes, Bronchitis
and Asthma, Renal Failure, Renal Transplants, Wounds, Anemia, PVD,
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Monitor and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Provides leadership and direction to all disciplines assigned
to the health care team.
- Job specific competencies
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with staff
Qualifications Required Licensure/Certifications:
- RN licensed in state of Texas/Compact state
- - - - Completion of RN/LVN program leading to
- - - - Read and write basic English with the basic skills
necessary to understand and transfer physician's orders-
Preferred Education, Licensure, Certification, Experience, Skills,
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Preferred experience as RN 1-2 years Med-Surg
- Specialty certification/training as appropriate.
- Radiation certification (unit course completed within 1 yr of
- Read and write Basic English with the basic skills necessary to
understand and transfer physician's orders.
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
- Effective communication skills, both orally and
- Computer skills
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to
ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking-.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso , Medical Renal Registered Nurse, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!