Company: JAS Forwarding USA Inc.
Location: El Paso
Posted on: October 12, 2019
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and
solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight
forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution,
inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain
management services, including consulting, the coordination of
purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you will be responsible for processing import
shipments adhering to JAS internal policies and procedures and
provide services that meet or exceed our customer s requirements.
An import specialist is also responsible for complying with
applicable laws and regulations.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Process import shipments according to JAS documented policies
- Provide customer service and information to internal and
external customers, through multiple mediums, in an ethical and
- Perform accounting functions including client invoicing and
recording cost information according to established procedures and
customer specific SOPs (Standard Operation Procedure)
- Perform tasks and capture information in JAS systems according
to established internal standards (KPIs Key Performance
- Other duties as requested
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 years experience in imports or combination of
education and expertise preferred
- Experience and knowledge regarding import entry procedures,
compliance, rules and regulations preferred
- Knowledge of First Port of Arrival (FPOA) entry processes is
- FDA experience preferred
- Knowledge of Importer Security Filing (ISF) preferred
- Good working knowledge of OGA transactions preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and
- Knowledge of freight forwarding practices, terminology, and
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job
requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an
essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion,
national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer
will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if
necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with
information from each new employee s Form I-9 to confirm work
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION.
FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE
SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO
EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT
WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT
COMMISSIONER. JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF
YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL
CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED
Keywords: JAS Forwarding USA Inc., El Paso , Import Specialist, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!