Central Sterile, Technician
Company: Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Las Palmas Medical Center has special expertise in Emergency Room
Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor &
Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care,
Oncology Services, and Wound Care Management. All physicians,
nurses and staff at Las Palmas Medical Center work to provide
exceptional patient care. Our 327-bed hospital is a full service
acute care facility.--Las Palmas Medical Center has a free-standing
40-bed, inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital, which treats patients
with orthopedic conditions, strokes and other neurological
diagnoses, multiple trauma, brain and spinal cord injury, arthritis
and amputation.--Las Palmas Medical Center is the region---s only
Kidney Transplant Center. In addition to our medical services, Las
Palmas Medical Center provides the Las Palmas LifeCare Center
Weoffer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitivesalary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in ourteam and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement,employee discount program, and employee stock
purchase program. We would loveto talk to you about this fantastic
opportunity.--POSITION SUMMARYWorks directly under the supervision
of the SPD Manager for his/her primary function: cleans,
sterilizes, and assembles surgical instruments, floor trays, and
equipment.--PRIMARY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs cleaning and sterilization process for all
instrumentation and equipment per policy.
- Ensures tray integrity and completeness
- Wraps, seals and labels items to be sterilized per policy.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, surgical linen and related
supplies using STERRAD (H202) and steam sterilizers according to
- Prepares surgical packs, instruments, dressing, and treatment
trays according to established procedures
- Maintains proper record keeping of sterilization process.
- Performs QA monitoring of packages sterilized to ensure proper
procedures are maintained.
- Performs biological testing and maintenance of all
- Stores sterilized and prepared instrumentation and equipment in
designated areas or returns to user department.
- Manages repairs of instruments, coordinates with third party
- Works in both soiled and clean utility rooms using proper
- Informs Bio-Med of equipment no longer serviceable or other
problems that may arise.
- Maintains and stocks supplies and instruments per PARS
- Controls, orders and stocks the linen cart.
- Cleans case carts
- Demonstrates Customer Service and professional behavior.
- Assists SPD Manager with clerical functions.
- QI Reporting
- Actively participates in continuing education programs inside
and outside the hospital and department to maintain
School Diploma orequivalentPrior SPD or ORExperienceRead and write
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION,EXPERIENCE, SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIESBasic knowledge ofsurgical specialties
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso , Central Sterile, Technician, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!