Sr. Electronics Analyst
Location: El Paso
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Peraton is seeking a Senior Electronic Analyst in El Paso, TX to
lead depot-level maintenance, perform testing and repairs of
various Radar components, electronics equipment, and other various
electronic systems. Leads testing of reversed engineered parts
and/or vendor repair parts at the El Paso TARS Support Center
(EPTSC). Develops training plans and provides on-site training for
electronic technicians as needed. Supports short notice, emergency
responses to provide equipment troubleshooting, repair and
maintenance and technical assistance to all TARS Sites, when
What you'll do...
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Applies advanced technical analytical skills and knowledge to
solve unusually complex problems with aerostat electronic equipment
beyond the capabilities of individual sites.
- Directs and performs depot-level maintenance on items shipped
to the depot for repair such as telemetry and command assemblies,
pressurization and control assemblies, power distribution
assemblies, meteorological equipment, ground station electronic
equipment, communications assemblies, azimuth drives and
controllers, radar assemblies, and electrical/electronic support
- Travels to the sites to direct and perform intermediate level
maintenance on ground station equipment, aerostat electronics
equipment, weather radars, tethers, and payload equipment.
- Fabricates electrical cable assemblies at the depot IAW system
- Writes maintenance reports and recommendations for system
- Trained to operate standard and special electrical/electronic
- Provides depot level maintenance, repair, modification, and
technical support for the various Aerostat systems and peripherals
such as circuit boards, IFF interrogators, and beacon transponders,
waveform generators, and wire-wrapped circuit boards and other
Radar and electrical systems.
- Coordinates resupply and repair logistics activities for the
aerostat electronics subsystems.
- Trains and certifies other personnel in selected aerostat
electronic subsystem procedures.
- May be required to work in special man-lift vehicles up to 150
feet from ground.
- Some work at sites maybe in confined spaces.
- Spend approximately 75% of the time in EPTSC.
- Spend the other 25% of the time at the operational sites for
scheduled and unscheduled periodic visits.
- Visits can consist of inspections and/or training for site
- Of particular importance, is their additional function to
support short notice, emergency responses to provide
troubleshooting assistance, equipment repair and maintenance, when
You'd be a great fit if...
- You can obtain and maintain a position of Public Trust which
requires US Citizenship
- You have 4 years Radar, RF and Telemetry technical and
- You have 4 years electrical technical experience
- You have graduated from High School
- You have a valid US Driver's License
- You can fluently read, write, speak and understand English
- Have extensive experience using computers, fax, copier,
printer, phones, satellite and radar equipment, O-Scope, power
supplies, signal generator, network analyzer, Field Fox and other
various test equipment. It'd be even better if you...
- Have an Associate's degree in a related field
- Have experience with legacy wire-wrapped electronics and
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to i nfluence major initiatives Physical
Work is generally performed in an office work environment. Travel
to remote site fields will be required. Work requires the ability
to perform the following physical activities to include, but not
limited to: walking, standing, stooping, bending, twisting,
crawling, reaching, lifting, sitting, and squatting. Work may
require walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods of
This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a
position of public trust. In order to obtain this position, you
need to be a U.S. Citizen and be able to show proof of U.S.
citizenship and U.S. residency.
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's
most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton
has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure
communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers,
and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to
the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include
complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as
end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems
Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations,
Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC)
/ Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon,
VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, El Paso , Sr. Electronics Analyst, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!