MAINTENANCE (Press) SUPERVISOR II
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer
solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable
manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the
best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start
or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important
to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or
create more, you can find your more with Mohawk. Press Supervisor:
- Evaluates actual conditions and takes the required actions to
maintain in proper working conditions the press area
- Maintains molds and dies to extend the expected life producing
tile within the required quality.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with maintenance technicians
involved with maintenance, repair, programming and servicing of
plant facilities and equipment.
- Improves and/or replaces equipment operating programs.
- Ensures training executed as required to maintain necessary
- Collects and records data such as requisitions, time spent, tag
information, PM, and machine documents as required.
- Assists Maintenance Manager with preventative maintenance
program and helps determine ways to run equipment more
- Assists Maintenance Manager in the maintenance of spare parts
- Ensures that all safety and environmental standards are
- Positions oneself as a leader in safety an organized, clean,
and safe work environment for associates.
- Regularly conducts safety meetings and pre-shift maintenance
- Develop and implement training procedures and plans to train
employees on new processes and equipment as well as improving
- Analyze problems that arise and determine actions that will
minimize the problems, decrease costs and/or improve yields,
recommend changes, upon approval, implement those changes.
- Troubleshoots equipment, recommends corrections, and provides
- Coaches employees on methods and techniques for improving
performance, including reviewing time records.
- Work with support groups in Production and Raw Materials to
coordinate ongoing support of the plant.
- Ensure ergonomic risk factors are reduced to an acceptable
level when feasible.
- Promotes and adheres to all safety and health policies and
procedures of plant.
- Performs other duties as required. Education & Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Mechatronics, or
closely related engineering discipline, preferred.
- Three (3) years experience applying principles, procedures, and
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance. Experience:
- Three (3) or more years of experience and prior supervisory
experience are required.
- Three (3) or more years being responsible of die, mold
maintenance, and repair.
- Knowledge of electrical, PLC, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic,
and/or electronic equipment and systems required.
- Good working knowledge of PH 690 Ceramic Pressing Equipment, a
plus. Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer
that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces
around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and
distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the
production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and
vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded
products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the
marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction
requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the
industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC,
Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step.
During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an
American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring
company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe,
India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including
disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud
Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk, El Paso , MAINTENANCE (Press) SUPERVISOR II, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!