Location: El Paso
Posted on: May 16, 2023
JOB TITLE: RECEIVING TECHNICIAN
LOCATION NAME: SYSTEMS PROTECTION - EL PASO, TX
BUSINESS UNIT: POWERTRAIN
REPORTS TO: RECEIVING SUPERVISOR / MATERIALS MANAGER
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, organized and safe work
- Responsible for on-time unloading of inbound deliveries (within
a 24-hour period)
- Provides daily "skip lot" audit of goods received.
- Maintains a "follow up" process for all P.O.
- Responsible for accurate verification of Bill of Lading /
Packing Lists to receipt of goods.
- Responsible for notification of receipt of damaged goods to
- Verification, modification, and notification of any inaccuracy
- Responsible for timely transactions into the SAP system
- Responsible for timely notification to quality assurance on
parts waiting inspection
- Responsible for inventory receipts
- Capable of cross-training / job tasks within the Receiving
Department. RM Receiving; MRO Receiving; Material Controller;
Repack; as directed by Receiving Supervisor or Materials
- Fork-lift Truck certified to load and unload trailers
- Capable of interacting with all departments and all levels of
- Maintains original packing slip file (for 7 years)
- Performs accurate cycle counts as needed
- Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND AUTHORITY LEVEL:
- Accountable for Adherence to the Zero Tolerance policy and
practice of refusing to tolerate or allow behavior defined by
Federal-Mogul as unacceptable in terms of safety (e.g. "unsafe
behavior" meaning behavior that could lead to occupational injury
or illness to a plant employee, contractor or visitor).
- Accountable for complying with Environmental Health & Safety
Rules and Regulations.
- Must be able to understand what hazards are associated with
his/her position and how to minimize them. All accidents/injuries
no matter how slight must be reported to any member of management,
and/or Environmental Health & Safety Manager as soon as possible.
Will be required to wear required personal protective
- Accountable for abiding by the El Paso's EH&S policy
endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other
requirements and operational controls established under its
- AUTHORITY to Stop and shutdown unsafe machine operation; unsafe
behaviors; and unsafe conditions. This includes but not limited to
any activity that does not conform to the EHS policy or may injure
Federal-Mogul employees, visitors, contractors.
- Will work towards achieving established objectives, targets,
and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 and ISO
- Other miscellaneous duties as business needs dictate or
assigned by the corporate EHS officials.
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a
violation of the Tenneco Code of Conduct Policy.
High School Diploma / GED Equivalent
Minimum Experience and Competencies required .
- At least five (5) years' experience in shipping, receiving,
material handler to include routings and familiarity with trucking
- Familiarity with U.S. and International transportation
- Must be computer literate Required
- Knowledge of SAP manufacturing system (preferred)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from
groups of management.
- Ability to define problems; collect data; establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions, both
oral and written.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently
lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.; and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to operate a forklift truck adequately and safely
Nearest Major Market: El Paso
Keywords: Tenneco, El Paso , Receiving Technician, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...