Central Sterile Technician
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Central Sterile Technician? At Las Palmas
Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to
$300 million in programs to support our incredible team members
over the course of three years.BenefitsLas Palmas Medical Center,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Central Sterile Technician like you
to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
POSITION SUMMARY:Works directly under the supervision of the SPD
Manager for his/her primary function: cleans, sterilizes, and
assembles surgical instruments, floor trays, and
- Performs cleaning and sterilization process for all
instrumentation and equipment per policy.
- Ensures tray integrity and completeness
- Wraps, seals and labels items to be sterilized per policy.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, surgical linen and related
supplies using STERRAD (H202) and steam sterilizers according to
- Prepares surgical packs, instruments, dressing, and treatment
trays according to established procedures
- Maintains proper record keeping of sterilization process.
- Performs QA monitoring of packages sterilized to ensure proper
procedures are maintained.
- Performs biological testing and maintenance of all
- Stores sterilized and prepared instrumentation and equipment in
designated areas or returns to user department.
- Manages repairs of instruments, coordinates with third party
- Works in both soiled and clean utility rooms using proper
- Informs Bio-Med of equipment no longer serviceable or other
problems that may arise.
- Maintains and stocks supplies and instruments per PARS
- Cleans case carts
- Demonstrates Customer Service and professional behavior.
- Actively participates in continuing education programs inside
and outside the hospital and department to maintain competency.What
qualifications you will need:REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- CURRENT SPD CERTIFICATION OR OBTAIN WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF HIRE
(IAHCSMM or CBSPD)
- BCLSREQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of an accredited Central Sterile courses
preferred.PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION,
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of surgical specialties
- At least six months of SPD, operating room or related
- Read and write fluent English
- Knowledge of surgical instruments, tray set ups, sterilizing
techniques, and basic SPD practices.
- Ability to operate the plasma and steam sterilizer, and related
equipment safely and efficiently
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).Las Palmas Medical Center is a
300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the
region's only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range
of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma
center, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU,
cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las
Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for
El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Good people beget good people."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Central Sterile Technician opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, El Paso , Central Sterile Technician, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!