CT Technician II Reg
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a work environment
where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for
our CT Tech opening with Las Palmas Medical Center today and find
out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare
team.BenefitsLas Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) CT Tech for our team to ensure that we
continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care.
Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing
team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a
phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and
QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:Under general supervision, operates
Cat Scan equipment, positions patients to produce diagnostic
radiographs in a safe manner and performs related duties.POPULATION
SERVED:Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the
following patient population(s) served; imaging with and without
contrast of cardio-pulmonary, vascular, neuro, GI, GU, GYN,
skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases including but not limited
to: PVD, CVA/TIA, COPD, CHF, HNP, oncology, etc.ESSENTIAL
- Operates C.T. equipment to make radiographic scans of
designated portions of body. Adjusts equipment and patient to
correct positions for each examination. Instructs and explains
procedures to patients. Selects proper technical factors, on an
individual patient basis.
- Performs reconstruction and special processing of data.
Evaluates completed radiographs/scans for positioning, technique
and adequacy of examination.
- Closely observes patients, performs first aid, as necessary,
confers with physician when requested exams appear at odds with the
patient's condition, and generally, maintains an acute awareness of
any patient under his/her control.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include; pulling
jackets, inputting/editing exams, and completion of requisition
prior to setting films to be read.
- Records and maintains data on magnetic disc, tape, PACS, and
logs. Responsible for correct identification of film, including
side and radiological factors.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and
- Arranges, attaches or adjusts immobilization and supportive
devices to obtain precise position, prevent motion and aid in
- Keeps current regarding developments in trends and techniques
of diagnostic Cat Scan by reading technical journals, participating
in in-service education programs, attending conferences, etc.
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the
contamination free condition of rooms, equipment and
- Adheres to prescribed standards of Radiation Safety;
participates in the Quality Improvement and safety programs.
- Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to
- Other duties as assigned.REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- ARRT (R) certification
- ARRT (CT) certification
- Texas Medical Board certification as Medical Radiologic
- Current BCLS certificationREQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- High School education or equivalent
- Associates Degree
- Knowledge of axial anatomyPREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE,
CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- 3 years experience in X-ray/CT
- Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic
techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of radiographic physics,
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum
radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients.
- Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluation
techniques, positions, and other related qualities.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients
during radiographic procedures.
- Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce
- Skill in safe and efficient operation of Cat Scan
- Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to
develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to
date.This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved).Las Palmas Medical
Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to
the region's only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a
range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma
center, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU,
cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las
Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for
El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "Across HCA Healthcare's more than
2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive
impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our CT Tech
opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified
candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We
are interviewing apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, El Paso , CT Technician II Reg, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!