Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Engineering Supervisor you want with your current employer?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Del Sol Medical
Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsDel Sol Medical Center, offers a
total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Engineering Supervisor where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:The Engineering
Supervisor is responsible for the efficient operation of all
mechanical and building systems of the hospital.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS:Job Functions/Duties/ResponsibilitiesThis section is used
to detail the functions/duties/responsibilities of the position and
to initially assess the employee's level of competency in each of
the job functions as outlined. Essential job functions are those
responsibilities with greater than 10% priority weight. All high
risk/high volume and high risk/low volume areas will be reviewed on
an annual basis on the employee's Performance Development Map.Job
Function/Duties/Responsibilities %Supervise the activities of the
maintenance work force. 20%
- Assign tasks to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate and monitor ongoing projects to ensure the personnel
are working effectively.
- Advise, encourage and counsel personnel as needed to maximize
their performance.Maintain an effective preventive maintenance
- Update the preventive maintenance program on a regular basis to
ensure that new equipment is covered.
- See that all preventive maintenance tasks are completed
according to schedule.
- Inspect completed preventive maintenance tasks to ensure that
they are properly executed.Implement building and mechanical
projects in house. 15%
- Meet with department heads, architects, engineers and
consultants to design, plan, and coordinate projects.
- Estimate time and material of projects and cost estimates.
- Ensure project maintain building codes, life safety codes,
proper construction methods, ADA regulations, and all other
- Obtain outside bids, issue purchase orders, verify invoices,
and maintain documentation of all projects.
- Oversee temporary workers, electricians, plumbers, mechanical,
communication, and outside contractors on projects.
- Establish, coordinate, and monitor projects to minimize
inconvenience to doctors, staff, patients, and visitors and to meet
- Collaborate with contractors and consultants in completing
projects outside the scope of PlantOperations. 5%
- Information needed by contractors and consultants is provided
accurately and promptly.
- Work with regulatory agencies to keep the hospital in
compliance with codes.
- Coordinate between contractors or consultants to keep hospital
operating with minimum interruptions and/or inconvenience.Implement
a continuing education program for staff. 10%
- Schedule in service training on a regular basis.
- Post test employees to insure competency.
- Encourage mechanics to pursue formal technical training.
- Assign work tasks that challenge the abilities of
personnel.Responsible for documentation necessary to maintain
records for the facility according to department policy. 20%
- Documentation shall be fully completed.
- Documentation shall be completed in a timely manner.
- Oversee the completion of documentation by staff.Assist
purchasing agent in ordering parts and supplies. 5%
- Present well organized parts and supplies descriptions to
- Make accurate assessment of parts and supplies
- Place orders for parts and supplies well in advance for date
- Maintain well-stocked inventory of commonly needed parts and
- Oversee the completeness of requisitions by staff.Maintain a
clean and well-organized work place. 5%
- Keep mechanical, electrical, storage, and shop areas clean,
dry, and free of debris.
- Keep equipment clean.
- Keep work areas properly lighted.
- Maintain tools and equipment in proper working condition and
stored in proper locations.
- Maintain high standard of job safety.Perform other duties as
- Willingly accept tasks outside usual job description.
- Coordinate and oversee office and department moves.
- Coordinate and oversee signage throughout the hospital.
What qualifications you will need:EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR
PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Required: High school education or equivalent required.
- Preferred: Associate's or Bachelor's
Degree.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred
- License as an HVAC, Plumber or Electrician (required to have
one of them).EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and
- Five years' experience in a maintenance or construction field
- Two years supervisory experience preferred.SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE,
- Proficiency in the use of hand tools, power tools, gauges, and
precision-testing devices is required.
- An ability to communicate information in clear concise terms is
- Coordinates with vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, and
department heads for completion of projects.
- Must be conscious of cost control of projects within the
- Make decisions in the planning and completion of maintenance,
repair and renovations of the hospital.
- Handles confidential information on personnel matters and
follows hospital personnel practices.Del Sol Medical Center is a
full service, acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a
Level II trauma designation. This facility has 300+ patient beds.
Our range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women's
services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric clinic, and a
Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part
of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare
provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Engineering Supervisor opening. We promptly review
all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, El Paso , Engineering Supervisor, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!