Material Handler I
Company: ProTrans International
Location: El Paso
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description Why ProTrans International: ProTrans
International is committed to providing innovative logistics
solutions that meet or exceed our customer's needs and
expectations. Our corporate culture embraces an entrepreneurial
spirit that allows our operations to be flexible and customer
focused. Executing our Mission Statement, ProTrans International is
committed to value-added services, effective communication, and
visionary leading-edge technology. We have a strong commitment
throughout ProTrans International to quality and continuous
improvement. Internal programs empower employees in every
functional area to offer ideas for improved best practices for
themselves, their team, ProTrans International, and our customers.
Our operations started in a small garage and has grown to be a part
of ProTrans Holdings. Our wonderful partners: TOC Logistics
International, Millennial Transportation Services, and Mina—are all
part of what makes ProTrans great and the perfect fit. The Material
Handler: The Material Handler will be responsible for working in a
fast-paced, cross-docking environment. You will be assisting with
loading and unloading shipments from various customers and moving
the materials throughout the service/consolidation center. Abiding
by the ProTrans International core processes, you will scan, move,
and load customer shipments safely and efficiently. We are looking
for individuals that want to drive their career and be a part of
network. You will be a key player in our facility and a driver of
business. What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life).
- 401(k) plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Generous Paid Time – Off.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- And MORE!!Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain
materials or containers to be moved.
- Receives items for shipment, inspects visually for identity,
quantity, and condition.
- Checks for obvious damage and segregates items requiring
- Opens containers as directed by work instructions or
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks
and shelves by hand or with forklift or other handling
- Loads materials into carrier vehicles and installs strapping,
bracing or logistic bars padding to prevent shifting or damage in
- Completes receiving and shipping documents accurately and
completely per ProTrans specifications with the scan gun.
- Counts, weights, and records number of units of materials moved
or handled in PTI System.
- Identifies all shipments by proper marking and labeling,
including special handling instructions.
- Coordinates transportation requirements and any special
- Warehouses and stores inbound and outbound cargo awaiting
processing and/or onward movement. Stacks or assembles materials
into bundles and bands bundles together as direct per work
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans
work area, machines, and equipment.
- Conducts safety and equipment checks daily.
- Follows all safety procedures and actively works to improve
individual and center safety record.
- Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to
enhance the performance of the position, team, and
company.Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a cross-docking environment is
preferred, but not required.
- Previous sit-down forklift experience.
- Forklift certification.
Keywords: ProTrans International, El Paso , Material Handler I, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!