Veterans Preferred - Data Center Technician
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply.
Alorica has a high visible initiative to uncover/inventory the
equipment (racks, servers, work stations) at their datacenters.
They need boots on the ground to determine what equipment is there,
identfy what it is being used for/not used and give it a
label/tracking number and ship it out.
These individuals will be doing the following key
- Creating a detailed rack elevation (inventory) for devices
within racks and outside of racks
- Will be documenting and tracing telco circuit cables and other
datacenter cabling connections.
- Will be taught to use import excel sheets created by our
datacenter management software to document the details of this
equipment including location, device properties, support info,
internal meta-data, etc.
- Will help sort through various unracked items and prep for
- Be the onsite eyes and ears for our DC Consolidation team to
- There will be some un-racking and documenting of equipment to
be put on a pallet for shipping
- The ability to receive tasks and provide feedback on whether
you can perform that task or need further assistance. (There are
Alorica members on-site and nearby that can assist if
- Previous datacenter experience is preferred. Understanding of
how racks are laid out and experience interacting with a circuit
patch panel preferred.
- Manual data entry.
- Good listening skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and can work on tasks to completion without
- Ability to use excel, word, outlook, and have some familiarity
- Must have a cell phone.
- Great communication skills and action oriented.
- Able to do some physical work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains
how we will use your information, please navigate to
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: MODIS, El Paso , Veterans Preferred - Data Center Technician, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!