ANALYST FINANCE ASSOC-STAFF
Company: El Paso Electric.
Location: El Paso
Posted on: April 8, 2021
For over 100 years, El Paso Electric Company has been serving
West Texas and Southern New Mexico with safe and reliable electric
energy. Today, we are a regional electric utility with over 1,000
employees providing generation, transmission and distribution
service to approximately 400,000 retail and wholesale customers in
a 10,000 square mile service area.JOB FAMILY SUMMARY PURPOSEUnder
the general supervision of the Supervisor - Cash Management,
prepares or directs financial reports and forecasts for planning,
regulatory, or operational purposes, studies financing plans and
other financial documents for financial planning purposes; and
prepares technical reports for management. Reviews bank account
analyses, maintains banking relationships and reviews bank credit
worthiness.DATE POSTED: MARCH 31, 2021 CLOSING DATE: APRIL 7, 2021
GRADE LEVEL: 51-52DEPARTMENT: FINANCIAL SERVICESSTARTING SALARY:
$56,300 - $86,700 Salary is commensurate with experience.
EDUCATIONBachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
in Accounting, Finance, or related field; or an equivalent
combination of training and experienceMaster's degree / CPA
preferred; CTP professional certification preferredEXPERIENCE 0 - 5
years of experienceKEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIESMust possess required
knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain
and demonstrate with or without a reasonable accommodation that the
essential functions of the job can be performed.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of financial procedures and practices, research
methods, financial analysis, presentation techniques, and technical
- Ability to research and interpret SEC requirements, guidelines
- Ability to operate a personal computer in a network
environment; prepare various spreadsheet applications, financial
statements and analysis; interpret financial reports; present
financial information and effectively communicate with management,
regulators and the capital market.
- Ability to access, navigate and retrieve information from the
internet with a variety of browsers.
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques in preparing
- Ability to effectively manage several tasks at the same
- Knowledge of capital markets, investments, and portfolio
- Knowledge of financial practices and procedures, research
methods and techniques in preparing financial analysis, and
technical report writing, preparation and presentation.
- Knowledge of accounts payable processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of miscellaneous receivables processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products such as Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with
officers, managers, fellow employees, and the general public.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of propriety concerning
confidential matters.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees and reviews daily cash position summary and predefined
wire transfers, and arranges for the accomplishment of
non-repetitive free form wires used in preparation of the daily
- Prepares daily cash position reports.
- Prepares and reviews financial analyses of company
- Performs monthly closing activities, including JE preparation
- Prepares, analyzes and reviews long-term and short-term
financial forecasts and bank analyses.
- Performs and reviews calculations of financial ratios and
- Creates and reviews computer-based models.
- Prepares rate case schedules and testimony.
- Drafts and reviews technical narratives and schedules for
Company reports, SEC documents, regulatory agency reports and
- Reads and interprets complex legal documents.
- Knowledge of projected cash flows, capital markets and
investment strategy to manage short term investments.
- Reviews and responds to request for information (RFI) as
- Maintains bank and other financial institution
- Invests cash of the company in compliance with specific
- Arranges for borrowed funds as necessary
- Provides oversight for payables and miscellaneous receivables
- Assures that all financial covenant compliance requirements are
timely and accurate. Maintains compliance database and files.
- Assists in developing and maintaining policies and procedures
for the department.
- Keeps abreast of changing regulations within the utility and
banking industry and/or business developments within the company by
reviewing investment reports, regulatory, and other professional
- Complies with all applicable Company policies, procedures and
code of ethics as well as all applicable governmental laws and
regulations to include employment, safety and environmental
standards and regulations.
- Perform other related tasks that are not included, but are
within the context of the duties defined.WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The incumbents in this classification are not substantially
exposed to adverse environmental conditions; primary work
environment is typically an office or administrative nature.
- May work non-standard hours.
- May require travel to Company work sites.
- May require out of town travel.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Stooping:
Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something
with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to
draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or
moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working,
primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape
and temperature or texture by touching with skin, i.e.,
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word; those activities in which detailed or important spoken
instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral
communication, and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as
when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Visual acuity: Color, depth perception and field of vision to
include measurement devices for close inspection and analysis. If
interested in applying for this position, you must apply on-line by
5:00 PM, APRIL 7, 2021. (Please scroll back up to the "Apply Now"
button)Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: El Paso Electric., El Paso , ANALYST FINANCE ASSOC-STAFF, Professions , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!