Trauma Services, Registry Certified Specialist
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
AboutDel Sol Medical CenterSince1974, Del Sol Medical Center has
provided quality healthcare to El Paso and thesurrounding region.
As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso witha Level
II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand
ourservices to meet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing specialexpertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, aCenter of Excellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II TraumaCenter, and a newly
renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.Thephysicians, nurses and
staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providingthe highest
quality care with compassion and integrity.BenefitsWe offer you an
excellent totalcompensation package, including competitive salary,
excellent benefit packageand growth opportunities. We believe in
our team and your ability to doexcellent work with us. Your
benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flexspending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount programand
employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about
thisfantastic opportunity.POSITION SUMMARY:-- The Trauma Registry
Coordinator provides support to the Trauma Director in accordance
with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Trauma Services
Department of Del Sol Medical Center.-- The Trauma Registry
Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight of data
collection, data analysis, data entry, data completion and data
validation of all patients meeting inclusion criteria into the
hospital trauma registry on a daily basis. The TRC will also ensure
delivery of Trauma Center data to the American College of Surgeons
(NTDB/TQIP), Border RAC regional trauma registry (Regional Advisory
Council), and Department of State Health Services Trauma Registry
in order to maintain trauma center designation. The TRC will
establish processes for data concurrency and data validation in
order to ensure that the database is not only current, but
accurate. The TRC will monitor, motivate and assist in the training
of the Trauma Registrar to ensure maximum utilization of individual
and group capabilities. The TRC should also maintain knowledge of
all rules, regulations, laws, and guidelines that impact or govern
the Trauma Registry and ensures that Del Sol Medical Center is in
compliance. This position reports to the Trauma Program
Administrative Director.--POSITIONS SUPERVISED:Trauma
Registrars--POPULATION SERVED:-- All employees, staff of DSMC in
both clinical and non-clinical departments, including
patient/families, physicians, volunteers, agency, contract,
students and the community served.--ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Directs all data entry of registry, data entry, ICD (9-10)
coding knowledge, trauma scoring skills operating efficiently and
effectively providing the services required to meet the needs of
the regulatory oversight including the American College of Surgeon
(ACS) National Trauma Data Bank (NTDB), Texas Department of State
Health Services (DSHS), Border RAC Regional Registry, New Mexico
Department of Health Registry and medical staff achieving Registry
- Integrate various operational reports from the registry
directing resources of registrars and PIPS Coordinators to support
the continuum of care with Process improvement and patient safety
- Responsible for ensuring staff training and education is
adequate within units of responsibility and identified staff
competencies are assessed and monitored as appropriate for trauma
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of the trauma
registry entry in collaboration with registrars reporting to the
TRC and Administrative Director Trauma Services.
- Create custom reports supported by the trauma registry data as
required by HCA financial reporting expectations for uncompensated
trauma funding, corporate request for data, the Border RAC,
American College of Surgeons and Texas Department of State Health
Services to the all required (State, Regional, National Trauma Data
Bank) trauma registry monthly.
- Demonstrates Customer Service principles and behaviors
consistent with Del Sol Medical Center vision and values.
- Responsible for audits of all trauma records collecting data
about severity of injury and patient outcomes.
- Work closely with Border RAC, to ensure that the Trauma Injury
Prevention Program is consistent with Del Sol Medical Center
- Participates in current legislative efforts that impact the
Texas trauma registry, currently the trauma registry workgroup
- Provide multidisciplinary Trauma conferences every other
- Provide education on registry topics to hospitals in our RAC,
Texas Trauma Coordinator Forum and facilities in our trauma
- Articulates with Injury Prevention on implementation of the
public education program.
- Perform chart audits that verify charges to care provided in
- Perform duties within legal and ethical regulations and
- Maintain current patient demographics in the Trauma
- Other duties as assigned.----PERFORMANCE OUTCOMES:
- Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills,
knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and
ability to accept and adapt change.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with
both internal and external customers.
- Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as
individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
- Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates
patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
- Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates
opportunities for patient/family education.
- Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices
congruent with policies and procedures.
- Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and
evaluates performance improvement activities at the department
- Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste
reduction and department efficiency.
- Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to information
management policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at
- Communication: Works as a team member through interaction,
assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills
and reporting/activation of the chain of command
- Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements
and evaluates personal performance.
- Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying
with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local
- Environment of care: Demonstrates accountability in role and
responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
- Job Specific:-- Trauma Registry Coordinator--Qualifications
- Certificated Specialist Trauma Registry EDUCATION
- High School graduate/GED
- Associate degree in a health-related field or equivalent work
experience of at least two years
- Medical terminology is essentialEXPERIENCE
- 2 years as a trauma registrar at a Level I or II designated
- ICD-9(ICD-10) coding education
- Previous Trauma Registry and Report Writing
- American Trauma Society---s Trauma Register Course
- AAAM---s course--SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIESREQUIRED:
- Reads and writes Basic English with skills to interpret
physician orders and documentation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to adapt to change
readily, and ability to serve as a resource to others.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to perform all essential job
- Capability to interpret a variety of technical instructions,
evaluates technical data, and composes correspondence and
work-related technical reports.
- Basic knowledge in personal computers or other data entry
system.--Notice Our Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock
the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Trauma Services, Registry Certified Specialist, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!