Company: ASM Global
Location: El Paso
Posted on: March 20, 2023
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly
facilities has an immediate opening for lifeguards. The El Paso
Water Park lifeguards are responsible for providing a safe
recreational environment by ensuring guests follow water park
policies and responding to any emergencies in a timely manner. Each
water park location features a unique theme with water slides,
climbing walls, lazy rivers, kiddie playgrounds and leisure
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforce all rules and regulations.
- Provide needed supervision to prevent accidents.
- Assist with the aquatic supervisors to ensure smooth operation
of the facilities.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of issued
- Participate in service training programs for safety, customer
service at all water park facilities.
- Keep the water park areas clear of dangerous objects and
- Serve in a public information/relations capacity.
- Immediately report needed repairs to the site supervisor and or
- Present a favorable, professional public image.
- Perform related duties as assigned by site supervisor and or
manager. Duties may include, but are not limited to, general
housekeeping, general maintenance, inspection of equipment and
aquatic features within the park.
- Assist in opening, closing, and operating of the facility as
directed by management.
- Complete all required company trainings and compliance courses
- Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all
policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that guests receive outstanding customer service by
providing a friendly, fun, safe environment.
- Maintains high standards, positive attitude, and professional
- Attend monthly staff meetings. Develop and maintain a
harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends
and holidays as needed.
- Recognize and respond effectively to all emergency situations
and complete incident reports
- Maintains current certifications and stays up-to-date
professionally on the aquatics and management field.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications &
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Must be able to swim, perform water activities and
- Must be able to swim 50 yards (front crawl or breaststroke),
swim under water for 10 feet, and retrieve a 10-pound brick from
bottom of a pool (shallow water).
- Must be able to swim 200 yards (front crawl or breaststroke),
tread water for 2 minutes with hands out of the water and retrieve
a 10-pound brick from the deepest part of the pool (deep
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients,
employees, vendors, patrons, and others encountered in the course
- Recognizes an emergency and takes appropriate action.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights,
weekends, and holidays.
- Must successfully complete the Jeff Ellis & Associates training
program. Minimum Education & Experience
- Working towards a High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum age -16 years old.
- Ability to Swim. Computer Skills
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Microsoft Office,
and other standard office equipment preferred. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Ability to work in a stationery position and move about the
facilities for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend routinely and repetitively to lift 20lbs or
less and occasionally bend to lift more than 20lbs.
- Ability to travel via air and auto required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described
under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time
due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this
document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties
to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and
encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and
protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: ASM Global, El Paso , Lifeguard, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...