Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor with Las Palmas Medical Center
you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving
back!BenefitsLas Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Las Palmas Medical Center family! We will give you the
tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
looking for an enthusiastic Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor to help
us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and
QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY:Effectively and efficiently
coordinates the daily operations and patient flow. Responsible for
evaluating and coordinating staffing needs. Maintains adequate
levels of patient care supplies to support clinical, service,
fiscal and employee excellence. Works collaboratively with all
supervisors in accomplishing goals. Works collaboratively with
manager to resolve issues as they arise. Communicates issue
resolutions in a timely manner. Works with other departments to
ensure safety, efficiency, and functionality.POPULATION SERVED:Core
competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient
population(s) served: neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and
geriatric patients.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Operates CT equipment to make scans of designated portions of
body. Adjusts equipment and patient to correct positions for each
examination. Instructs and explains procedures to patients. Selects
proper technical factors, on an individual patient basis.
- Performs reconstruction and special processing of data.
Evaluates completed radiographs/scans for positioning, technique
and adequacy of examination.
- Closely observes patients, performs first aid, as necessary,
confers with physician when requested exams appear at odds with the
patient's condition, and generally, maintains an acute awareness of
any patient under his/her control.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include:
inputting/editing exams, sending exams for reports, completion of
- Records and maintains data on EHR, PACS and logs. Responsible
for correct identification of exam, including side and radiological
- Demonstrates Customer Service/ ICARE principles and behaviors
- Arranges attachments or adjusts immobilization and supportive
devices to obtain precise position, prevent motion and aid in
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge regarding developments in trends
and techniques of diagnostic CT Scan by reading technical journals,
participating in in-service education programs, attending
- Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
Maintains orderliness and cleanliness, including provision for the
contamination-free condition of rooms, equipment and
- Adheres to prescribed standards of Radiation Safety & ALARA;
participates in the Process Improvement and safety programs.
- Ensures appropriate recording of hours worked, adhering to
hospital attendance policy.
- Provides leadership and supervision of the technical staff to
provide for the production of high quality radiologic work.
Provides leadership and supervision of non-technical staff in
assigned section to provide for orderly workflow and quality
performance of duties.
- Interviews applicants, recommends new hires, promotes and
terminates employment under the guidance of the Director, and in
accordance with Human Resources and Corporate Policies and
- Initiates counseling sessions in accordance with Positive
Performance guidelines. Reports and documents problems relating to
staffing morale, work, methods, procedures, transfers, and
recommends action in all personnel matter for those personnel
assigned, in consultation with the Director of Imaging
- Participates in and oversees ongoing program to provide for an
organized & regulatory compliant atmosphere and pleasant appearance
of the physical department, especially in those areas accessible to
- Monitors condition, care and maintenance of diagnostic
equipment. Provides for documentation of problems, response time of
service organization and completion of repair. Deals directly with
service organizations to ensure adequate equipment care according
to established parameters.
- Other duties as assigned.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- ARRT Registration as a Radiologic Technologist with CT
- Texas State License as MRT
- Certified in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) with AHA
(American Heart Association)EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of accredited Radiologic Technology Program
- Knowledge of axial anatomy and experience in special
procedures, i.e. biopsies, drainages
- Three years of supervisory experience (Preferred)This role
requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local,
state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or
religious exemption is approved).Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+
bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region's
only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of
services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center,
cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer
care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del
Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso
and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "There is so much good to do in the
world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Diagnostic Imaging
Supervisor opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in
patient care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, El Paso , Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!