Company: Livingston International
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third
largest entry filer in the U.S. We're a market leader offering
customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight
forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America,
Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping
our customers navigate the complex and changing world of
international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team
for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert
advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the
career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: TX El Paso TX - US048
Reporting to the Manager, Service Delivery, this position is
responsible for coordinating release and entry processing for air
and/or ocean shipments within our Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ)
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure accurate and timely processing of complex shipments.
* Knowledge of Foreign Trade Zones/ FTZ
* Knowledge of Integration Point a plus but not required.
* Create daily 214 FTZ admissions for assigned client/s.
* Prepare weekly 2 step entry for each FTZ.
* Create customs entries/FTZAdmissions through proper selection of
client and client records, interpretation of documentation for all
* Data entry of shipment information for release, rating and
billing and ensuring that all mandatory fields are completed and
* Ensure correct value for duty is reported based on invoice
details and terms of sale. Establish correct value for duty and
tariff treatment by selecting the correct keyword/HS code.
* In a professional manner, work with team members as required for
missing documentation, information or instructions necessary to
release a shipment.
* Verify documentation for release conditions, compliance and
rating compliance (e.g., free trade certificates).
* Escalate two-step release requirements, authorization or release
issue resolution to required team members.
* Participate fully with other team members in the day-to-day
* Endeavor to utilize and take advantage of system automation tools
that are available to support release processing.
* Open file/data input for new shipments in relevant systems.
* At time of release, monitor status of Customs.
* Ensure that all SOP's and business rules are adhered to following
special client instructions, notes and alerts. Identify those that
are missing or those that have become outdated or ineffective,
making recommendations for change.
* Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
* Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Familiar with all applicable Customs laws, regulations,
procedures and industry practices.
* Client service oriented.
* Organizational skills with the ability to meet tight
* Assertiveness in problem solving.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to multitask.
* Detailed oriented.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Ability to present a professional image.
* Knowledge of Word and Excel software.
* Office equipment/machinery used: Personal computer and common
WORK EXPERIENCE - MINIMUM REQUIRED
2 years of related experience
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Working towards/or successful completion of the Certified Customs
Specialists (CCS) designation with the Canadian Society of Customs
Brokers (CSCB) or the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders
Association of America (NCBFAA) is a requirement, if not already
Successful completion of the CCS examination is a mandatory
requirement for further advancement.
Inclusion and Collaboration
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Leading and Developing
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and
committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in
which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one
which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate.
Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with
disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require
accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when
submitting your application.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Keywords: Livingston International, El Paso , Import Specialist, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!