Central Region Maritime Leader
Company: WSP USA
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Central Region Maritime LeaderReq ID 6490Central Region Maritime
LeaderWho We AreAt WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready
pioneers to innovate. Were looking to grow our teams with people
who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding
our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences,
skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work
environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of
our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through
our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional
diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with
the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our
commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work
environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP
employee. Come join us and help shape the future!This OpportunityBe
involved in projects with our Port and Marine division and be a
part of a growing organization that meets our clients objectives
and solves their challenges.At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the
right person to be part of something bigger. As a part of our
Maritime group, you will be part of a growing organization,
contributing daily to solving many of our future focused objectives
for a diverse client base. Our Maritime group comprises of highly
motivated analysts, planners, and engineers with a variety of
technical backgrounds including economists, operations analysts,
civil, environmental, ocean and structural engineering, and port
planning, working in several key locations across the US and
internationally. Major clients are port authorities, U.S. Navy,
U.S. Coast Guard, and private entities. Our strength is derived
from the diversity of our marine-related work and our staff.WSP is
currently initiating a search for a Central Region Maritime Leader.
This position will report into the National Maritime Leader.This
position offers career growth opportunities with a specific goal of
hiring strategically, with corporate support, to develop a group of
motivated, talented technical staff, to work on major ports and
marine projects locally, nationally and internationally. Other
specific duties associated with this position include business
development, identifying and pursuing project opportunities, client
relationship development, and managing projects, tasks and staff
for marine facility projects, including various types of cargo
terminals (e.g. container, dry and liquid bulk, break-bulk,
passenger and other waterfront facilities). This is not a Marine
Engineering role, but rather a role for a Regional Practice Leader,
with technical experience in Ports and Maritime projects.Your
- Provide proactive and strategic process and people leadership
for the design, implementation, and administration of engineering
disciplines project and program involvement within the
- Lead the most complex and largest scale marine engineering
projects within the engineering discipline, ensuring contributors
know what they are required to do and by when, preparing and
overseeing relevant project budgets, monitoring internal and
external events, tracking hours and expenses, ensuring satisfactory
performance and profitability, and supervising subcontractors,
contract work, and employees.
- Provide expert technical assistance on various engineering,
design, and construction issues relating to marine, port, and
- Responsible for the pursuit and development of business and the
successful execution of work for current and potential building and
infrastructure work within a geography specifically for the large
projects within the area.
- Lead technical aspects of contract negotiation, presentations,
- Drive the overall long-term strategy, growth, and pipeline
development of Marine Engineering work for WSP in assigned area of
responsibility, with a focus on infrastructure opportunities in all
disciplines (planning, design, and strategic consulting and
- Accountable for the profitable performance of the individual
projects and the successful completion of the projects within the
- Drive compliance and accountability-at-all-levels with
applicable Federal, State, and Local
engineering/design/construction laws, codes, policies, and
- Oversee internal vision and mission for the engineering
discipline, ensuring alignment with business operations strategy,
and maintaining that certifications, accreditations, and client
value ratings are continuously improved.
- Lead engineering discipline meetings and continuing educational
opportunities for area of responsibility, providing updates and
recommendations to staff that ensure all appropriate measures are
taken to foster innovation, development, and quality project
delivery within the discipline.
- Serve as the engineering disciplines representative/liaison to
a variety of external entities including Federal, State, and Local
Agencies, Clients, Subcontractors, architects, industry-related
groups, and various government and community entities.
- Provide senior leadership for proposals and project work
scopes, pricing, budget, and performance metrics for the
- Interpret and summarize data, including reports and documents
for complex projects and initiatives that result in sound
engineering and regulatory conclusions.
- Provide discipline leadership to multi-disciplinary project
teams and contribute to providing high level strategic advice to
- Provides performance guidance and proactive leadership to
assigned managers and staff.
- Develop high-level business contacts and a client base for
providing high level marine engineering services including
identifying additional business development opportunities, and
cross-selling of other WSP capabilities.
- Remain current in latest marine, port, and coastal engineering
techniques and practices.
- Collaborates with professionals from a variety of disciplines
to provide future ready solutions for clients.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding
company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSPs Code of
Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business
needs.Who You AreRequired Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 15+ years of relevant post education experience in engineering
discipline, and prior marine, port, coastal, and infrastructure
- Engineer license required (multi-state preferred).
- Advanced proficiency with marine, port, and coastal engineering
principles, practices, process, design/build, standard of care, and
the application to project work-related issues.
- Extensive advanced proficiency with infrastructure design.
- Demonstrated ability with establishing, implementing, and
managing multiple larger-scale discipline-related programs,
documents, projects, and practices for a line(s) of business.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills
with the ability to manage staff, and effectively, persuasively,
and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the
- Strategic lateral thinking and strong analytical skills with
attention to detail and prioritization of responsibilities in a
pressure work environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
including senior management, clients, architects, and company-wide
staff, including those with whom no formal hierarchical
- Strong ability to quickly adapt to change and demonstrate
flexibility to a variety of schedules and hours to meet business
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with office automation, load
calculations, discipline-specific design software (i.e., AutoCAD,
Revit), technology, math principles, predictive models,
spreadsheets, and tools used in the corporate environment.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability
to abide by WSPs health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific
- Masters Degree in Engineering.
- Experience working with maritime clients in the region and with
Texas ports.#LI-AS1Additional Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform essential job functions.Additional Details
- Travel Required: 10%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: HOUSTON - PARK ROW
- All locations: US-TX-Austin, US-TX-Beaumont, US-TX-Corpus
Christi, US-TX-Dallas, US-TX-El Paso, US-TX-Houston, US-TX-Killeen,
US-TX-Midland, US-TX-San AntonioAbout WSPWSP USA is the U.S.
operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering
and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local
communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts,
strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP
USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation,
energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000
employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our
clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.comWSP provides a
flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client
needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of
benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and
retirement savings focused on providing health and financial
stability throughout the employees career.At WSP, we want to give
our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and
knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be
essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are
you ready to get started?WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is
an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual
Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected
Veteran Status.The selected candidate must be authorized to work in
the United States.
Keywords: WSP USA, El Paso , Central Region Maritime Leader, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!