Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) - Corrections
Company: FSR People
Location: Sierra Blanca
Posted on: June 23, 2022
- Sierra Blanca, TX, USA
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) - Corrections job in Sierra
Blanca, Texas. Responsible for providing technical, professional
nursing, services to offenders in a correctional facility.Licensed
Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) - Corrections job Overview:
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse will be expected to maintain a
professional nursing attitude.
- Assist Physician or Extender as required and/or during
- Render first aid treatment and assist other health services
staff in treating accidents, emergencies, or illness
- Maintaining security of all medical records.
- Monitoring and recommend methods to improve operational
efficiency and cost containment
- Ensuring strict compliance to all applicable pharmacy
- Monitoring physical safety requirements for detainees and staff
to ensure safe working
- Notifying Health Services Administrator of safety hazards.
- Assisting Registered Nurse in coordinating in-service programs,
which are aligned with the
- Assisting head nurse to coordinate monthly healthcare staff
meetings, as assigned.
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances,
narcotics, and sharps in accordance with applicable state and
- Prepare and distribute medications and maintain accurate
documentation. Perform inventories of medications, supplies, and
controlled equipment as specified.
- Take vital signs, perform appropriate charting, and assist with
chart review duties and patient care as required.
- Perform routine lab tests in accordance with approved
- Perform routine wound care in accordance with approved
- Conducting sick call for inmate/patients and provide treatment
for selected minor illnesses and injuries, defined by written
protocol, and approved by Medical Director.
- Receive and transcribe orders accurately and provide or arrange
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions,
- Participate in the formulation of the plan of nursing
- Record, retrieve and file medical information in the detainee
medical record.Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) - Corrections
LVN licensure: active, current,
unrestricted in Texas1 year clinical experienceGraduate from a
state approved program CPR
Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
www.FSRpeople.comFSR provides healthcare professionals to
government facilities supporting active duty military service
members, retirees, and their families. FSR began as a women-owned,
minority-owned, small business in Maryland and has grown to an
award-winning organization serving the federal government
nationwide and around the globe. We invite you to join our
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity
Employer: disability/veteran/military spouseThis contractor and
subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a),
60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status
as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and
prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered
prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status or disability.FSR
Keywords: FSR People, El Paso , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) - Corrections, Other , Sierra Blanca, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!