Scheduler - Day Shift
Company: Purple (Communications)
Location: El Paso
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Scheduler (Day Shift)
Purple Communications is one of the nation's most extensive
communication services for the deaf and hard of hearing
communities. As a leading provider of onsite interpreting services,
video relay service, video remote interpreting, and CART captioning
services, the Company delivers a wide array of options designed to
meet the unique communication needs of its customers. Please view
our website: www.purplevrs.com.
Purple Communications' vision is to provide high-quality services
with innovative products that break down communication barriers for
its customers. We strive to change the game because we believe
communication access is a right worthy of utmost respect and
because every conversation matters.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add strong
expertise to our world-class teams!
This position is responsible for scheduling and supporting onsite
and virtual communication access services across multiple states
and call centers. The successful candidate will demonstrate superb
communicate with clients, staff, and contractors to ensure the
highest level of service provision in our 24/7 scheduling
department that supports local, regional, and nationwide customers.
The Scheduler will match team members and contractors through
innovative, personal contact, with an eye to minimizing overall
costs, maximizing efficiencies without sacrificing established safe
work practices, and providing the highest quality services to our
* Ensure effective service provision and operation by communicating
with clients, inputting job requests accurately and efficiently,
coordinating practitioner schedules, ensuring contract adherence,
and providing superior customer service
* Ensure the highest quality customer experience possible for all
internal and external customers
* Schedule interpreters and writers (staff as well as independent
contractors) to ensure appropriate coverage for department
workloads to include CART captioning (on-site and virtual), onsite
community interpreting assignments, Scheduled Virtual Interpreting
(SVI), and Video Remote Interpreting (VRI).
* Utilize all available technology to communicate with a nationwide
workforce and provide support and direction to individuals as
* Provide accurate reports on on-site and virtual services as
* Maintain database of current, qualified, trained, and cleared
* Monitor operations using a web-based scheduling dashboard and
analyze upcoming service demands, workforce levels, and new
requests for service to optimize staffing levels and coverage on an
* Write specific and appropriate documentation of technical issues
and escalate as appropriate
* Develop and maintain familiarity with the company's communication
centers' services, platforms, and interpreter requirements.
* Support other members and functions of the Operations
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
* At least two years of scheduling experience in customer
service-oriented environment preferred.
* American Sign Language (ASL) proficiency and knowledge of Deaf
* Knowledge of practitioner (interpreters/CART captioners) needs,
demands and roles preferred.
* Associates Degree required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
* Technical aptitude for supporting onsite and remote ASL and CART
* Demonstrated fluency in spoken & written English
* Familiarity with Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
Regulations, Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) and
National Court Reporter Association standards.
* Knowledge of specialized software related to departmental
operations including virtual scheduling software and programs, IM
Service, database, and Internet, spreadsheet, presentation, and
word processing programs.
* Budgeting and financial knowledge and skills for tracking
profitability and efficiency.
* Ability to communicate effectively and present information and
respond to questions from employees, groups of clients, customers,
managers, and the public.
* Basic mathematical skills including the ability to calculate
figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and
percentages and the ability to create reports on financial
* Knowledge of departmental operations, and organizational
policies, processes, and procedures.
* Time management skills to establish focused priorities and to
effectively supervise and develop assigned projects, duties, and
tasks to attain optimum efficiency and completion with attention to
organization and detail.
* Human relations skills to build effective working relationships
with staff, customers, and community groups and individuals.
* Work will be performed in a call center environment in one of the
* Akron, OH
* Atlanta, GA
* Austin, TX
* Charlotte, NC
* Columbus, OH
* Dallas, TX
* Detroit, MI
* El Paso, TX
* Kansas City, MO
* Madison, WI
* Richmond, VA
* St. Paul, MN
* Vancouver, WA
* Default Shift:
* Purple is hiring for coverage for a full-time (40 hours)
* The default shift for this position will be Monday through
Friday, 8:00AM CST-4:30PM CST
Physical Requirements: Employees may experience the following
physical demands for extended periods of time:
* Sitting, standing, and walking (95-100%)
* Keyboarding (40-60%)
* Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and cell phone (40-60%)
* Lifting computers and other equipment
* Position may require some travel
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this
job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor's
instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their
Purple Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals
Keywords: Purple (Communications), El Paso , Scheduler - Day Shift, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!