Jacket Operator 1 10
Company: Southwire Company, LLC
Location: El Paso
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionPRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered
essential functions of this job. This list is not exhaustive, as
all positions at the company are dynamic. This is consistent with
our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our
customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to
assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of
whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While
an effort is made to thoroughly describe the customary manner in
which this job is performed, reasonable accommodations will be made
to qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to
perform this job in the manner indicated.
- Oversee the operation of cabling machine(s) as it twists or
cables insulated wire according to job specifications.
- Loading reel of insulated wire onto cabling machine.
- Unloading reel of cabled wire from cabling machine.
- Attending to any mechanical problems as they happen.
- Occasionally assist in training of individuals in cabling
- Complete labor reports.
- Maintain attention to product quality standards.
- Use of hand tools and measuring devices
- Limited inventory control and materials management
- Must be able to read and understand English to be able to
communicate with Supervision and comprehend work instructions.
- Somewhat disagreeable working conditions, in that operator is
constantly exposed to water, some heat, cold, dust and fumes.
- Surrounding equipment is somewhat noisy and hearing protection
- Continuous standing throughout the entire 8 - 12 hour
- Frequent pulling, pushing and bending
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Willingness to work day or night shifts on a continuous 7 day
- Mental alertness to work with machinery
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication
- Able to read specs and prints
- Plant Manager
- Manufacturing Manager
- Production / Fab Supervisor
- Customer Service
- Follow all company environmental rules/procedures and handle
all materials in a manner designed to minimize environmental
- Follow prescribed safety rules/procedures so as to prevent
injury to self and others and to maintain safe equipment and
conditions in entire area of responsibility.
- Seek the assistance and advice of safety representatives on
matters concerning safe practices, policies and/or procedures and
give personal support to all safety activities and procedures.
- Use the company's ISO Quality System documentation to help
guide all daily quality activities.Benefits We Offer:
- 401k Matching
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental,
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Plans
- Retirement & Pension Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & MoreSouthwire is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Southwire Company, LLC, El Paso , Jacket Operator 1 10, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!