Company: Workforce Solutions BorderPlex
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Project Assistant
Job Family: Programs
Department/Group: Workforce Development
Job Code/ Req#: A13 / 0154
Location: El Paso, TX
Travel Required: Some travel in WSB region (West Texas) and
Salary Range: $38,000 - $41,000
Position Type: Exempt, Full-time
Workforce Solutions Borderplex is one of 28 public workforce
development boards in Texas serving the six-county Borderplex
We are a non-profit opportunity incubator, personalizing the career
path and connecting the right people to the right positions. With
the tools, programs, and services we provide, we know you can do
anything you put your heart into. Our organization and its
initiatives have been recognized and awarded by the Texas Workforce
Commission for our innovative approach to assisting employers and
WSB serves in the spirit of community support. What we do is so
important, but we don't do it alone. We serve the regional business
community. Our mission is to help them grow stronger so they can
create better jobs. We also prepare people to fill those jobs and
achieve a sustaining and fulfilling career.
WSB exhibits a growth mindset. We seek individuals who buy into
this mission and lead by example by being good stewards of our
financial resources, work efficiently to stretch our resources, and
support the organization and its community partners so we can
collectively elevate the regional economy. Our values include
transparency, innovation, accountability, research-driven,
impact-driven, integrity, collaboration, and empathy. Join this
high-performing team and support a thriving regional economy!
Performs complex (journey-level) administrative support work. Work
involves providing internal administrative support including
disseminating information, assisting with maintaining filing
systems, and preparing and editing reports and documents. May
provide guidance to others. Works under general supervision, with
moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and disseminates information concerning agency
programs and procedures.
- Prepares, edits, and distributes correspondence, reports,
studies, forms, and documents.
- Performs general office duties such as filing and maintaining a
filing system, answering, and routing phone calls, and ordering and
maintaining office supplies.
- Responds to inquiries and explains rules, regulations,
policies, and procedures. Coordinates meetings, conferences, and
- Compiles and enters data for charts, graphs, databases,
summaries, or reports.
- Prepares and reviews purchase orders. Requisitions and orders
merchandise, supplies, and equipment in accordance with guidelines,
rules, policies, and laws.
- Assist with tracking the status of requisitions and purchase
orders. Maintains and reviews various purchasing and procurement
reports, records, and files
- May assist in preparing letters of intent and grant
applications. May assist in preparing grant closeout
- May coordinate and prepare administrative assignments,
programs, and other administrative matters within a division,
department, or agency.
- May manage and maintain schedules and travel arrangements for
managers and directors. May prepare and compile presentation and
- May Provide guidance to others.
- Performs related work as assigned. EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Experience in administration management. Graduation from an
accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in
business administration or a related field is generally preferred.
Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Achieve a score of 75 points or higher on basic skills assessment
at time of application.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures. Skill
in the use of standard office equipment and software.
Ability to implement administrative procedures; to interpret rules,
regulations, policies, and procedures; to communicate effectively;
and to provide guidance to others. Advanced skills in the use of HP
and DELL computers, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Attention to Detail: Ensures information is complete and
accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and
commitments have been fulfilled.
- Data Gathering and Analysis: Seeks or collects and synthesizes
information from a variety of stakeholders and sources in an
objective, unbiased manner to reach a conclusion, goal, or
judgment, and to enable strategic and leadership decision making.
- Quality/Compliance: Achieving a standard of excellence with our
work processes and outcomes, honoring the organizations policies
and all regulatory requirements
- Customer focus: Striving for high customer satisfaction, going
out of our way to be helpful and pleasant, making it as easy as
possible on the customer rather than our department or the
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking, and
writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others
- Collegiality/Collaboration: Being helpful, respectful,
approachable and team oriented, cooperating with others, inside and
outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and
maintain mutually beneficial partnerships, leverage information,
and achieve results.
- Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed
without being asked, following through
- Efficiency: Planning, managing time well, being on time, being
cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Continuous Learning & Self Development: Being receptive to
feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement,
proactively investigating new perspectives, approaches, and
- Integrity/Transparency: Upholds social, ethical, and
organizational norms and values; firmly adheres to codes of conduct
and ethical principles; behaves consistently, and is open, honest,
and trustworthy; acts without consideration of personal gain.
- People management (for those with direct reports): Setting
clear expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback and
guidance, holding people accountable. ADDITIONAL NOTES
Must possess a valid driver's license and meet requirements to be
included as an authorized driver on the Workforce Solutions
Borderplex Commercial Package Policy as stipulated by the insurance
carrier. Successful clearance of local and/or state background
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice based on business needs.
Workforce Solutions Borderplex provides equal employment
opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color,
creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
This job assignment features a hybrid work environment. Employees
will work at least 1-2 days a week and several days a month in an
office or other non-virtual work setting. Specifics are negotiated
with the hiring manager at time of selection. Employees are
required to comply with the WSB Remote Working and Telecommuting
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Flexible work schedule
- Subsidized parking
- Medical health insurance
- Paid time off / paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - 5% match
- Employer paid Life and AD&D benefits
- Employer paid Short-term Disability benefits
- Voluntary Life Insurance benefits
- Voluntary Dental and Vision benefits
- Voluntary Legal Access benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)
- Staff development trainings system
- Other voluntary supplemental benefits
Keywords: Workforce Solutions BorderPlex, El Paso , Project Assistant, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!