$20,000 Sign On Bonus
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated
for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Del Sol
Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare
provider. We are seeking a(an) Surgery Coordinator RN Ortho Service
Line to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
Del Sol Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible
colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing,
dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
At Del Sol Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know
that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to
create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is
your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to
create the career path that fits their life – for life – and
empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our
Surgery Coordinator RN Ortho Service Line opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
To coordinate the Orthopedic Service line at Del Sol Medical
Center to include establishing and preparing the mechanism to
deliver unique services in surgical care. This includes planning
for and oversight of training, supplies, equipment, and
instrumentation for the delivery of surgical care across the
continuum in Orthopedic surgery. The Orthopedic Services
Coordinator is integral in evaluating service needs, care delivery
related to quality, safety, and efficiency of care for Orthopedic
surgery program at Del Sol Medical Center.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES. (The essential responsibilities
and accountabilities of this position including interactions with
other departments and outside vendors, if applicable, in PRIORITY
1. Work with staff to use a standardized setup for orthopedic
surgery cases (as feasible) and operating rooms.
- Working along with the OR manager Coordinator will standardize
the location for orthopedic cases, operating room layout and
2. Maintains an up-to-date list of equipment/supplies kept/stock
in the OR(s) and proactively communicates with OR supply chain
personnel to assure appropriate par levels.
- Develop an efficient restocking system to ensure supplies are
readily available, with materials management.
3. Designate instruments and accessory selections for procedures
within the service line and maintains up-to-date instrument count
sheets, in coordination with SPD supervisor and accurate surgeon
preference cards, update and revision, with materials management
4. Prepares and maintains an up-to-date resource book for all
staff to reference.
5. Works collaboratively with Surgical Services Educator,
Service Line Coordinators and Lead Techs to develop education
programs for all roles supporting orthopedic surgery in surgical
- Education and orientation for new staff and staff new to the
orthopedic service line.
- In collaboration with the Surgical Services Educator and
manager, promote staff development through creating and
implementing educational programs related to orthopedic surgery and
maintain education and skills records.
6. Works collaboratively with Surgical Services Educator,
Surgical Services Manager, Service Line Coordinators, Lead Techs,
to develop competencies and conduct annual competency assessments
for orthopedic surgery.
- Roles and functions of the circulator, scrub, and first
assistant and unique functions specifically related to orthopedic
- Competencies for orthopedic procedures, specialized orthopedic
procedures, and all other procedures indicated by coordinator, as
well as all indicated procedures in the service line that impact
- Patient positioning and safety considerations
- Decontamination and reprocessing of specialized instrumentation
7. Provide staff with updates on new technology,
instrumentation, supplies, software updates, etc.
8. In concert with dedicated team members, implement process
improvements related to quality, patient safety, efficiency and
turnover, room organization, instrumentation, supplies, and
9. Identify opportunities to grow services and maximize
financial revenue of the program
- Work with organizational sales representatives to identify new
- Provide assistance to and coordinate activities with surgical
scheduling to maximize surgeon access to orthopedic equipment
- Maintain vigilance and work collaboratively to assure cost
effective, high quality strategies for care delivery
10. Functions as an active member of the Surgical Committee
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information discussed in
- Provide timely feedback regarding personnel and surgeon issues
related to surgical service line
11. Participate in new and reoccurring education to maintain
clinical competencies and skills required as a leader within
Surgical Services and as Orthopedic Services Coordinator
12. Performs other duties as requested and as required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (Minimum amount of specifically related
experience which is required to perform the role at this
Other required experience: Experience in an operating
room. Familiarity with equipment and instruments used in this area,
medical terminology, supply management experience. Knowledge of
computer systems used in the operating room and materials
management. ( Meditech, Smart, eProcurement) Excellent
organizational skills and work with minimal supervision
Other preferred experience: Extensive knowledge and
experience working with various robotic surgery systems. Previous
EDUCATION REQUIRED (Minimum formal academic training which
typically provides the knowledge and skills necessary for
successful job performance. Note in Other if experience may be
- Associate’s Degree-Major: Nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree-Major: Preferred
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state. Required.
- Current BLS certification. Required
- Current ACLS certification and Required
Medical Centeris a full service, acute-care hospital
in east El Paso, Texas. We have
a Level II trauma designation. This facility has
300+ patient beds. Our range of
services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s
services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a
bariatric clinic, and a
Minimally Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center
is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading
healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is
part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We
are interviewing candidates for our Surgery Coordinator RN Ortho
Service Line opening. Apply today and a member of our
Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.