ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: October 9, 2021
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality
healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a
full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II
Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our
services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly
renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses
and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the
highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount
program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
Under the general supervision of the unit Director or designee,
the Clinical Coordinator assumes responsibility for the direction
and coordination of all functions in the unit, in collaboration
with the Director or in the absence of the Director. In
collaboration with other members of the management team, the
Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the ongoing assessment of
the quality of patient care services provided in the unit. The
clinical coordinator also collaborates with the Director regarding
budgetary and strategic planning opportunities for improvement. The
Clinical Coordinator assists the Director in providing nursing
leadership to the unit and overseeing the clinical operations of
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates an advanced level of
clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the
delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff
members and assists in necessary education of individual members of
the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care
provided for the unit, in collaboration with the Director.
- Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency
in leadership, supervision, and management of staff. Assumes
responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in
the absence of the Director.
- Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning,
organizing, and managing personnel resources in a cost effective
and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit.
Plays an active role in scheduling and ensuring the needs are met
for the unit in terms of staffing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- NPR Preferred
- TNCC Preferred
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 2 years of critical care experience.
- CCRN, TNCC
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transfer physician?ÇÖs orders.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Acute Care Experience
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!