About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and
special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma),
Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive
Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las
Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in
the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate
facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and
cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility
are committed to caring for our community with compassionate,
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of
401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work
with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance
with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Del Sol
Healthcare and the Texas Board of Nursing.In collaboration with the
patient, the patient’s family and other members of the healthcare
team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and
coordinates treatment plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patient’s
behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including
orientation, professional development.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of
- RN licensed in state of Texas or Compact State
- ACLS (6 months from hire for GN’s or transfer into unit)
Associates, BSN or RN Diploma
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE,
SKILLS, KNOWLEDG, AND ABILITIES
- Preferred experience as RN in Critical Care.
- Preferred experience a RN 1-2 years in Med-Surg or
- TNCC and CCRN
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from