Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Home Care
Company: Aveanna Healthcare
Location: El Paso
Posted on: October 2, 2021
The Quality Assurance Nurse is responsible for maintaining client
files, preparing for audits and reviewing nursing documentation for
appropriateness. The Quality Assurance Nurse reports to the
Clinical Director/Nursing Director who oversees all nursing related
items in the location.
Essential Job Functions
• Analyze, review and report on charts, charting trends, and
• Updates and coordinates with the supervising nurse and external
clinical staff regarding changes in the patients’ treatment plans
• Monitor compliance to policies and procedures including but not
limited to clinical documentation.
• Resolve charting issues and recommend changes to procedures.
• Update corrections on documentation after retrieval from
• Assist the quality department with surveys and audits as
• Assist with professional education activities to encourage
professional skill proficiency for all agency clients.
• Participate as a consultant in the implementation of chart review
tools, standards of care and outcome measures.
• Required to identify clinical problem areas and inform/train
staff in the correction of any deficiencies.
• Assist with quality assurance and policy compliance training
programs and develop reference materials to resolve
• Develops, implements, and maintains systems to ensure effective
and high-quality professional nursing care.
• Maintains confidentiality of all employee/client records and
• Acts as a coordinator, facilitator or liaison to committees,
teams and outside organizations, as assigned.
• Provides information and education on quality and performance
improvement processes to medical supervisory staff.
• Participation in performance improvement projects to increase
high quality, cost-effective methods of practice.
• Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or Baccalaureate
School of Nursing
• Current state licensure as a registered nurse or licensed
• Two years of home healthcare experience (or the equivalent in
post-secondary education experience) preferred.
• At least 1 year experience in quality improvement preferred or
directly related field
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite applications (including
Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required in addition to a thorough
knowledge of standard office procedures, human resources practices
and file management systems
• Two years of directly-related experiences or five years of
related experience in a responsible clinical coordinator role is a
• Bi-lingual; Spanish speaking preferred
• Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and
professional boundaries at all times
• Quick-thinking and astute decision making skills
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful
• Strong commitment to clinical excellence
• Leadership skills
• Ability to train and supervise staff
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Occasional lifting, caring, pushing and pulling of up to 25
• Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching,
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which
may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Job Applicants Residing in California
Keywords: Aveanna Healthcare, El Paso , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Home Care, Other , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!