Offering $20,000 Sign-On Bonus
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000
hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Respiratory
Therapist RRT with Del Sol Medical Center you can be a part of an
organization that is devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support
they need. At Del Sol Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues
an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing,
dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based
on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading
healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues? Join the Del Sol Medical Center family! We will give
you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our
organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Respiratory
Therapist RRT to help us reach our goals. Unlock your
Job Summary and Qualifications
Knowledge of patient responses to medication,
side effects and proper dosages used in respiratory care. Able to
communicate effectively with Physicians, patient, nursing and other
allied health practitioners, other managers, the public and with
Administration. Ability to teach/instruct, assess and reassess
others as needed. Recognizes and reports patient abuse and neglect.
Basic knowledge of dynamic and static pulmonary function values and
knowledge of generally accepted practices in respiratory care as
prescribed by the physician for all age groups. Demonstrates
knowledge in the delivery, setup and maintenance of respiratory
care equipment based on routine and non-routine applications.
Performs patient assessment and recommends appropriate therapeutic
and diagnostic modalities per department protocols. Responsible for
establishing and assisting with maintenance of arterial
- Uses knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and
emergency procedures to provide safe and effective patient
- Maintains strict infection control techniques at all
- Assists in providing in services for peers and staff at least
four times a year and as assigned.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Implements Assess and Treat Protocols
What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- STABLE must be obtained within 30 days of employment start
- State Certified Respiratory Therapy Technician
- Associate Degree
- Graduate of COARC approved courses in Respiratory Therapy
- Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Minimum 6 months acute hospital experience required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE,
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- One year Hospital experience preferred. Adult critical care
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Reads and writes basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transfer Physician’s orders.
- Knowledge of universal precautions.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs.
- Ability to exercise judgment in recommending and providing
appropriate respiratory care procedures.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Del Sol Medical
Center is a full service, acute-care hospital in
east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level II trauma
designation. This facility has 300+ patient
beds. Our range of services include emergency care,
cardiac care, women’s services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a
bariatric clinic, and a Minimally
Invasive Surgery Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of
Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider
for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are
reviewing applications for our Respiratory Therapist RRT opening.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.