About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare
to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute
care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in
Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the
growing needs of our tristate community, providing special
expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III
NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic,
a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed
Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our
350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality
care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total
compensation package, for various positions including competitive
salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We
believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending,
life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,
student loan assistance program, and employee stock purchase
program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000
hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Monitor Tech with
Del Sol Medical Center you can be a part of an organization that is
devoted to giving back!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support
they need. At Del Sol Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues
an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing,
dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based
on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading
healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues? Join the Del Sol Medical Center family! We will give
you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our
organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Monitor Tech to
help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
To provide quality care to patients under the direction of an
RN, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Del
Sol Medical Center.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily
on the following patient population(s) served:
Cardiac/cardiovascular, neuro, GI conditions and diseases including
but not limited to: CAD, PVD, COPD, CHF, metabolic disorders.
- 1. Demonstrates knowledge on dysrhythmia recognition and
cardiac monitoring process.
- 2. Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement
- 3. Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to
patients, visitors physicians and staff.
- 4. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to
privacy and protection of patient confidentiality
- 5. Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the
patient and to the Registered Nurse.
- 6. Monitors and documents information regarding patient
activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- 7. Other duties as assigned
- 1. Individual Leadership/Practices Professionalism: Performs,
participates, implements and evaluates personal performance,
opportunities for personal growth and ability to change.
- 2. Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with
both internal and external customers. Treats patients/customers as
individuals with unique values, beliefs and practices.
- 3. Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as
individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
- 4. Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates
patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
- 5. Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates
opportunities for patient/family education.
- 6. Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices
congruent with policies and procedures.
- 7. Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements
and evaluates performance improvement activities within the
- 8. Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste
reduction and department efficiency
- 9. Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to
information management policies and procedures, maintaining
confidentiality at all times.
- 10. Communication: Works as a team member through interaction,
assistance and demonstration
- 11. Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates,
implements and evaluates personal performance.
- 12. Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying
with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local
- 13. Environment of Care: Demonstrates accountability in role
and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
- 14. Job Specific: Monitor Technician
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical demands require performing all
essential functions of this position as assigned. If requested,
reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position may
require the use of personal protective equipment during various
tasks/activities including but not limited to, back support belts,
gloves, masks and safety glasses.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* High School or equivalent.
* Certification from State approved Nursing Assistant/ Medical
Assistant Certification Course.
* Dysrhythmia recognition certification
* Current BCLS certification.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* Some healthcare experience
* Cardiac monitoring experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- * Read and write Basic English.
- * Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- * Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family
internal and external partners needs.
- * Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Del Sol Medical Centeris a full service,
acute-care hospital in east El Paso, Texas. We have a Level
II trauma designation. This facility has 300+
patient beds. Our
range of services include emergency care, cardiac care, women’s
services, Level III NICU, rehabilitation, a bariatric
clinic, and a Minimally Invasive Surgery
Center. Del Sol Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del
Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso
and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are
reviewing applications for our Monitor Tech opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.