Clinician FT - PHP Las Cruces
Company: Peak Behavioral Health
Location: Santa Teresa
Posted on: January 23, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY The Licensed Clinician conducts individual and
family assessments, facilitates prescribed clinical services,
documents interventions along with response to, provides linkage to
outside resources and contributes to a cohesive multidisciplinary
team. Supports the clinical department's services monitoring,
quality improvement initiatives, patient outcome processes and
positive on-boarding of department personnel. As assigned may
provide teaching or mentoring on a variety of mental health topics
to patients, families, coworkers and referral sources. Upholds high
customer service standards i.e. assisting coworkers, timely
responding to telephone messages, email along with attentiveness to
changing circumstances within HIPAA privacy guidelines. Other
duties or responsibilities may be assigned to best meet patient
needs or the facility's operations. Professionally responsible to
practice within an approved scope of practice and policy
guidelines. QUALIFICATIONSEducation/Licensure: This position
requires an accredited master's degree in the behavioral sciences
with clinical emphasis i.e. counseling, social work or psychology
OR a nursing degree. Provisional State License preferred, but not
required. All Licensed Clinicians are expected to participate in
continuing educational activities. Skills: 1) Clinical interviewing
and assessment using the Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental
Disorders 2) Vigilance for securing and maintaining a safe
environment for the patient, self and others 3) Effectively
intervene in crisis situations and promote the patient/family's
cooperation with treatment recommendations 4) Employs
non-judgmental regard with people of diverse backgrounds and
presenting circumstances. Additional Requirements: Must possess
through a combination of training and experience, age/cultural
specific competencies (childhood through geriatrics) in support of
job requirements. Provide clinically meaningful documentation for
initial treatment planning purposes and meeting payer expectations.
Acquainted with the New Mexico Mental Health Code and procedural
compliance with involuntary psychiatric hospitalization standards.
Must successfully participate in psychiatric crisis management,
pass a test on verbal de-escalation and safely demonstrate approved
physical management techniques. Maintain a current BLS card.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES Clinical Services:
- Individually meets with assigned patients during the first
hours to complete a psychosocial assessment and develop initial
- When clinically warranted, meets with family members and
significant other for collaborative clinical information,
communication, education and support.
- Schedules and attends treatment team meetings. Engages the
patient and significant others in the care planning process.
- Recommends effective treatment interventions and
discusses/obtains orders from the attending psychiatric for
- Conducts psychotherapy group, didactic programming, case
management and support group aligned with specific clinical
- Professionally represents the patient needs and the facility to
reporting agencies, appearances in court and community-based
- Supports and participates in the patient outcomes assessment
review project. Case Management
- Timely prepares progress notes and treatment updates in the
medical record. Documentation is individualized, goal oriented and
meaningful to the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Pending or incomplete medical records are given appropriate
priority and completed within required timeframes.
- Knowledgeable of a wide range of community resources:
financial, housing, legal, social/recreational, occupational,
spiritual and support groups. Provides introduction and initial
coordination when needed.
- Ensures each assigned patient has a structured and clinically
appropriate post hospitalization care plan.
- Liaison to referral sources and support of continuation of
care. HIPAA and Confidentiality
- Establishes and maintains appropriate professional boundaries
with patients and families. Avoids any appearance of a conflict of
- Manages legal releases of information (verbal, written or
electronic) mindful of HIPAA and confidentiality requirements.
Immediately reports any suspected breach of confidentiality to
either the Director of Clinical Services or Compliance.
- Collaborates with other coworkers - shares both "need to know"
and "nice to know" information.
- Takes initiate to assist coworkers and on-board new
- Responds to situations of high acuity or high risk by offering
advanced clinical expertise.
- Provides resources in support of coworkers training and
- Represent the facility at work related community events.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend all mandatory facility in-services and staff development
activities as scheduled.
- Completes annual updating of competency file (attends
Competency Day as scheduled).
- Identify personal learning needs to assist with staff
development and assist with planning and teaching staff development
programs, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned. AGES/POPULATIONS SERVED:Child (age 1
- 12 years): YES x NOAdolescent (age 13 - 17 years): x YES NOAdult
(age 18 - 64 years): x YES NOGeriatric (age 65 years +): x YES
Keywords: Peak Behavioral Health, El Paso , Clinician FT - PHP Las Cruces, IT / Software / Systems , Santa Teresa, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!