Senior Software Integration Engineer
Company: DATAMARK, Incorporated
Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Position Overview:Analyzes software requirements to determine
feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Consults
with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate
interface between hardware and software and operational and
performance requirements of overall system. Formulates and designs
software system, develops and directs software system testing
procedures, programming, and documentation.Consults with customer
concerning maintenance of software system and may supervise
Software Development Engineers as per assigned activities.Primary
- Supervise Integration Engineers, Database Engineers, and
Architect roles, as assigned.
- Coordinate SDV activities closely with the Senior Product
Analyst/Business-side Lead in order to ensure high-quality and
timely delivery of all software services.
- Mentor and coach supervised employees in the development of
their own job skills as related to the Technical-side of Software
Development & Validation.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an
innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Supervise teams of software engineers to include task planning
and code reviews.
- Continually drive innovation within our software development
process to ensure our developers execute at the highest possible
- Participate in technical deep-dives into code, networking,
operating systems and storage as needed.
- Strategize with the Director of Engineering and the Senior
Product Analyst regarding the technical direction and roadmap of
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, implementation and
support of off-shelf tools to improve operational productivity and
- Ensure that any new software integration into the organization
systems follows defined design and meets functional requirements,
system compliance, and other specifications.
- Review, analyze, and report on the effectiveness and efficiency
of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or
leveraging these systems.
- Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via
- Maintain a working knowledge of complete inventory of
organizational software and system assets relevant to assigned
- Bachelors Degree in technical area, or equivalent work
- 5+ years experience in software development/integration
- Proven success related to implementing and launching core
- Proven success leading others.Required Skills:
- Demonstrates proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing
- Demonstrates a high level of organization, initiative and
attention to detail and able to gather and compile information from
- Must be able to identify problems, draw conclusions, and
develop effective solutions to troubleshoot and assist with
application and performance issues.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of current industry best
practices to evaluate alternative proposals and recommend optimal
- Must be able to analyze data and situations logically to
troubleshoot problems and make recommendations.
- Must remain updated about new technologies and standards
- Must be able to work with a variety of technical and management
staff as well as vendors and associated organizations.
- Must be able to plan and coordinate conversions/upgrades
between generations or versions of computer systems/networks to
ensure accurate implementation.
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrates proficiency in one or more of the following
programming languages: C++, C#, Java.
- Demonstrates proficiency in at least one of the following
databases: MSSQL, Oracle.
- Must be able to read and understand technical documents in
order to install and configure hardware and software.
- Must be familiar with, Agile (Scrum) project methodology and
- Must demonstrate a drive to provide a high level of customer
service to internal and external clients, as well as internal
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for
sustained periods of
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word; those activities where detailed or important spoken
instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction, and having the ability to
receive detailed information through oral communication, and making
fine discriminations in
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of
the wrists, hands, and/or
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading;
visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or
operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement
devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative
- Director of Engineering; Senior Product Analyst/Business-side
- Software Development and Validation Department Staff
- Business Engineering Department Staff
- Operational Staff
- Executive Staff
- Customers - provided by Dice
Keywords: DATAMARK, Incorporated, El Paso , Senior Software Integration Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!