Customer Service Lead, TX Job #142.19
Location: El Paso
Posted on: February 15, 2019
General Purpose of Job: Under the direct supervision of the Store Management Team, the Customer Service Lead is responsible for providing superior customer service at the point of sale. The CSL will identify customer service problems at their inception and will formulate solutions to them. Must be available to work opening or closing shift - any day of the week. Great opportunity for advancement. Dunn-Edwards is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Are You?
- Confident, assertive, and motivated to succeed
- Flexible and excited by a fast paced, diverse work environment
- Known for your responsiveness and excellent customer service
- Able to function well autonomously and as a team member
- Proud of your hands-on, high work ethic approach
- A skilled problem solver, short-term& long-term
- Highly effective at managing your time
- PC proficient in a Windows environment Essential Roles and Responsibilities: The CSL will have the authority to settle low level customer service complaints. The CSL will be a frontline"go-to" person for all customer service matters. In addition, this person will have the ability to open or close the store when necessary.
- Must have the ability to write and process forms and transactions.
- Maintains proper phone etiquette at all times.
- Will attend monthly meetings to discuss matters of improving store operations.
- Must attend regular store training programs.
- Must possess knowledge of sales techniques and customer service procedures.
- Must possess or quickly acquire knowledge of product information relating to paint, sundries, spray equipment, and wallcovering.
- Must be able to utilize, when needed, Dunn Edwards's sales aids such as, Specification Guide, MSDS Sheets, Product Information Sheets and Color Charts. Essential Roles and Responsibilities (cont'd):
- Must be capable of performing specifically assigned job duties at, or below, current classification.
- Will consistently participate in store maintenance and overall appearance of store.
- Must possess leadership skills and at the direction of management must be able to assist in training store employees in customer service skills.
- Will offer feedback to management regarding customer service issues in the store and offer suggestions on training needs for store employees.
- Must possess the ability to conduct closing procedures; these include the counting portion of the cycle count procedure and cash report procedures.
- The CSL will also be responsible for authorizing certain transactions including merchandise returns, merchandise overrides and no-charge invoices.
- Maintains standard of dress and appearance conducive to projecting a positive company image. Supervisory Responsibilities: Although no subordinate associates report to this position, the Customer Service Lead is in charge when opening and/or closing and will direct associates during these times.
- Communication and Language Requirements: For safety reasons, ability to read, write, and communicate in English is required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills Must have ability to produce reports, effectively present information, and respond to questions from individuals and groups
- Bilingual is a plus Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree is a plus
- Must complete all requirements in Steps I, II, III, and IV of the Dunn-Edwards LEAD Training program in the first 180 days of accepting position or be subject to disciplinary action, demotion, or termination (This applies to internal applicants only) General Qualifications/Requirements for applying:
- A letter of recommendation from your manager.
- Applicants must be in their current position for a minimum of 90 days.
- Any Internal applicant who has received critical discipline within the past 6 months will be eliminated from consideration.
- Applicants must have received:
- Stores: 3.0 or higher on last quarterly or annual appraisal (whichever is most recent)
- Sales: 3.0 or higher on last annual or mid-year review (whichever is most recent)
- All others: 3.0 or higher on last annual performance appraisal All internal applicants who meet the qualifications/requirements of this job, as well as those listed above, are encouraged to apply and will be considered on a non-discriminatory basis. Persons who apply for the same position at different locations must notify the respective hiring manager(s). Process Guidelines for Internal Applicants: Human Resources has established these Guidelines for these purposes:
- To inform you about what is required to apply for this position.
- To inform you that HR intends its oversight of the process in order to:
- promote fairness and consistency so that all qualified internal applicants have an equal chance to apply.
- ensure compliance with the Job Posting Policy and all related provisions of the Employee Handbook.
- Internal applicants are preferred, although external candidates may simultaneously be considered.
- Not all internal applicants will be granted an interview for this position. The hiring manager reserves the right to determine (1) whether an internal applicant meets the qualifications for the position; (2) whether an internal applicant should be interviewed for either a non-management or management position; (3) whether an internal applicant should be interviewed in person, by telephone or a combination of the two. Such determination shall be made on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Not all vacancies will be posted. This especially applies, but is not limited, to senior management positions. Ultimately, whether any vacancy is posted is at the discretion of the hiring manager in consultation with the Vice President of Human Resources.
- A background check, including a satisfactory DMV check and drug screen, and other tests may be required for this position.
- The ideal internal applicant must live in the above geographical area or be willing to relocate at his/her own expense upon acceptance of this position (i.e., within 50 miles).
- Application Due Date: It is absolutely imperative that you submit all of your application materials no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date noted on the posting. (There will be no exceptions to these due dates and/or time requirements absent certain extenuating circumstances).
- You must inform the hiring manager if you will not be available for an interview due to a scheduled vacation or unscheduled leave during the job posting process or at the time interviews may be conducted. Your failure to so inform the hiring manager may result in your not being interviewed for this position.
Keywords: Dunn-Edwards, El Paso , Customer Service Lead, TX Job #142.19, Hospitality & Tourism , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!