Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 19, 2023
JOB TITLE: PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN
LOCATION NAME: SYSTEMS PROTECTION, EL PASO, TX
BUSINESS UNIT: PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
DEPARTMENT: PRODUCTION VALUE STREAM
PROCESS OWNER: PRODUCT OWNERSHIP
- Understand and achieve company goals and objectives
- Responsible for set-up and operation of a variety of production
equipment in a safe, efficient manner
- Responsible for working efficiently in assigned operations
- Responsible for performing quality control including but not
limited to: conducting first piece and in-process inspection and
final inspection of the material and product.
- Responsible for following material supermarket
- Responsible for accurate production documentation of sales
orders, inventory reports, quality and machine logs/charts, and
safety layered audit forms
- Participates in engineering / maintenance / inventory
- Participates in process improvement teams (Kaizen, 5's,
- Opportunity to develop into a Certified Trainer and be able to
train other production technicians in process/product procedures
- Will be required to understand how to request raw material from
- Responsible for raising maintenance work orders for equipment
failure once troubleshooting has been completed
- Responsible for the inventory accuracy of raw material on floor
and work in process by correct labeling, identification and weight
- Responsible for following scrap monitoring and reporting
- Responsible for following all company rules and
- Responsible for abiding by the Company Code of Conduct
- Prepares packaging and labeling
- Responsible for return to stock requirements
- Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in the work area
and production floor by following 5s standards and principles.
- Will be required to perform other miscellaneous duties as
assigned by Shift Supervisor or members of Management
ACCOUNTABILITY AND AUTHORITY LEVEL:
- Accountable for Adherence to the Zero Tolerance policy and
practice of refusing to tolerate or allow behavior defined by
Tenneco as unacceptable in terms of safety (e.g. "unsafe behavior"
meaning behavior that could lead to occupational injury or illness
to a plant employee, contractor or visitor).
- Accountable for complying with Environmental Health & Safety
Rules and Regulations.
- Must be able to understand what hazards are associated with
his/her position and how to minimize them. All accidents/injuries
no matter how slight must be reported to any member of management,
and/or Environmental Health & Safety Manager as soon as possible.
Will be required to wear required personal protective
- Accountable for abiding by the El Paso's EH&S policy
endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other
requirements and operational controls established under its
- AUTHORITY to Stop and shutdown unsafe machine operation; unsafe
behaviors; and unsafe conditions. This includes but not limited to
any activity that does not conform to the EHS policy or may injure
Tenneco team members, visitors, contractors.
- Will work towards achieving established objectives, targets,
and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 and ISO
- Other miscellaneous duties as business needs dictate or
assigned by the corporate EHS officials.
- Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent a
violation of the Tenneco Code of Conduct Policy.
Minimum Experience and Competencies required .
- Must be willing to operate a variety of production equipment in
a safe efficient manner
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift including graveyard shift hours
as business dictates in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 10 lbs.,
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 40 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Must be Teamwork oriented
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to read and understand operational instructions in
English or Spanish and do simple math
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Must be able to learn how to use precision instruments such as
calipers, micrometers, rulers, force gauges, etc.
- Must have ability to interpret graphs and charts
- Must be able and willing to learn how to operate personal
computer, scanning equipment.
Nearest Major Market: El Paso
Keywords: Tenneco, El Paso , Production Technician, Hospitality & Tourism , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!