Cath Lab Registered Nurse
Company: Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 11, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special
expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma),
Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive
Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las
Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in
the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate
facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and
cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility
are committed to caring for our community with compassionate,
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the
University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient
care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as
Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program. We would love to talk to
you about this fantastic opportunity.
Cardiovascular Services serves adult and geriatric patients with
suspected or confirmed cardiovascular disease. Our patient
population is multicultural and has a high prevalence of diabetes
and renal disease. Care planning is individualized based on the
patients assessed needs.
This position requires the staff member to be able to demonstrate
knowledge and skills necessary to provide services within the scope
of educational services, based on physical, psycho/social,
educational, safety, and related criteria for adult and geriatric
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies and procedures of Las Palmas & Del Sol Medical
Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration
with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the
health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements,
evaluates and coordinates treatment plans.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
* Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on
* Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
* Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality
* Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
personnel and resources.
* Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents,
orders and documentation are present for procedures.
* Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information
and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
* Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are maintained.
* Maintains crash carts, defibrillators and pharmaceutical needs
for the department.
* Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care
of the patients in Non-invasive stress testing and the
Interventional Unit on a rotational and/or as needed basis.
* Plans and implements department inservice program.
* Assists Director with PI data collection and report
* Assists Cath Lab Manager in daily assignments according to
competency matrix and departmental needs.
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
* RN licensed in State of Texas or Compaq State
* Specialty certification/training as appropriate
* BCLS certification
* ACLS certification
Minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma required.
Critical Care experience required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS,
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to
understand and transfer physician's orders.
* Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and
external partners needs.
* Knowledge of dosages and Critical Care drugs, and nursing
* Knowledge of EKG arrhythmia and hemodynamic monitoring, and intra
* Computer skills.
* Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to
ensure quality patient care.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Cardiac Catheterization laboratory and Cardiology Service
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
us at email@example.com
Keywords: Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso , Cath Lab Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!