PACU Registered Nurse, PRN
Company: Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Facility Description:Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive
services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level
III Trauma), Cardiology, Women---s Services, Labor & Delivery,
Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, --and Wound
Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney
Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital
is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise
equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our
325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with
compassionate, quality healthcare.We are located on the Westside of
El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We
provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort
Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas
Weoffer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitivesalary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in ourteam and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement,employee discount program, and employee stock
purchase program. We would loveto talk to you about this fantastic
POSITION SUMMARY:The RN PACU Staff nurse provides direct nursing
care in accordance with established policies and procedure of Las
Palmas Medical Center.-- In collaboration with the patient, the
patient's family and other members of the hearth care team, the
clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates
treatment plans to meet the needs of the surgical schedule,
surgeons, anesthesia providers, patients and staff needs.--
The PACU RN collaborates with other members of the health care
delivery team including physicians to deliver quality health care;
provides professional nursing care to patients utilizing the
nursing process; practices, develops and endorses customer service
skills in relationships with all internal and external customers;
participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement
processes; supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel;-- serves as the patient and family
advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by
protecting confidential information;-- plans and implements patient
care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the
patient;-- evaluates and documents patient response;-- monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychological status, takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
POPULATION SERVED:Core competencies will be assessed primarily on
the following patient population(s) served:-- Pre and
intraoperative interventions, including but not limited to
vascular, neuro, thoracic, GI, GU, GYN, orthopedic,
skeletal/muscular conditions and diseases, etc.
- Nurse demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
process for PACU patients of all ages in each assigned areas.
- Nurse provides leadership and direction to all disciplines
assigned to the health care team.
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of
- Assists in the Performance Improvement activities of the
department. Assigns staff RN's to complete chart audits as required
- PACU Nurse demonstrates knowledge and application of the
nursing process related in the PACU department.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment
when recovering a patient from surgery.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Educates the patient/family based on individual needs.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Practices sterile and aseptic techniques as indicated for
procedures in PACU/OP Recovery.
- Maintains patient privacy at all times.
- Has the ability to use all the equipments in the PACU unit in a
proficient and safe manner.
- Logs in unit pertinent data in the logbook completely,
accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with OR, Outpatient Recovery, Urology, Cardiology,
and Radiology and with other staff members to
- facilitate the management of the day's scheduled cases.
- Is responsible for following the hospital and PACU/OP Recovery
policies and procedures.Qualifications REQUIRED
- Licensure that allows the practice of professional nursing in
the State of Texas.
- TNCC within 6 months of hireREQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from
- Ability to manage a team and work within a tam to ensure
quality patient care.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs
- Basic computer skills needed.PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE,
CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Specialty certification/Training as appropriate
- Able to recognize basic dysrhythmias
- Critical care or PACU experience preferred.--Notice Our
Company---s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility
within your career and we take your candidate experience very
seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee
will request financial or personal information (Social Security
Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like
Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or
job-related email, contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso , PACU Registered Nurse, PRN, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!