Ortho Neuro Registered Nurse Nights
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical CenterSince 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has
provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region.
As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level
II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand
our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly
renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are
committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and
POSITION SUMMARY:----To provide professional nursing care to
patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other
members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to
deliver quality health care.--POPULATION SERVED:----Core
competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient
populations served:-- O.R Procedures for Spinal fusion, Cervical
Fusions, Laminectomy, Major joint replacements or reattachment of
extremities, Hip and femur procedures, trauma, Offsite cardiac
monitoring, and neurological conditions.--ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:--
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Must be able to understand and be proficient at research and
evidence based practice for quality patient outcomes.
- Must be able demonstrate knowledge of stabilization and
assessment of the trauma, stroke and brain injured patient; take
appropriate actions based on assessment of the patient.-- Provide
wound care, cardiac monitoring, complete NIHS stroke scale and
monitor impulsive behaviors.
- Must be able to provide Basic and Advanced Life Support.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and competency on cardiac
rhythms and take appropriate actions.
- Must be able to understand and be proficient at providing
orthopedic care; such as but not limited to caring for patients
with total joints, spines, trauma, sports injury, and neurological
systems injuries.-- Must be proficient and able to provide pain
management, ambulation, positioning, assessment, wound care and use
of equipment for orthopedics.
- Other RN duties as assigned.Qualifications REQUIRED
- Current RN licensure in Texas,
- TNCC required within one year of hire
- PALS required within one year of hire
- ANCC Orthopedic Nurse Certification required within three years
of hireREQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:Minimum College: Bachelors in
Nursing Science or Associates degree nurse and in the process of
obtaining Bachelors Degree in Nursing within two years of hire
date--PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE,
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- 2 years of Medical Nursing or Orthopedic Nursing experience
- Medical Surgical ANCC Certification or ANCC Orthopedic Nurse
- PALS,TNCCNotice Our Company---s recruiters are here to help
unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your
candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Ortho Neuro Registered Nurse Nights, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!