Echogram, Registered Sonographer II
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical CenterSince 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has
provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region.
As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level
II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand
our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly
renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses
and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the
highest quality care with compassion and integrity.?BenefitsWe
offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We
would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY:? This position is responsible for
performingechocardiography ultrasound techniques and
echocardiography examinations forsubsequent evaluation and
interpretation by a physician.?ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures,
objectives, PI program, safety, environmental and infection control
- Responsible for assuring that daily and monthly QI logs are
completed for the Echo department in a timely manner.?
- Responsible for care of equipment.? Ensures proper reporting of
equipment malfunction or downtime.
- Performs quality echocardiography diagnostic studies according
to physician orders.
- Maintains records of examination data and other pertinent
information on patients.
- Communicates findings to the physicians interpreting the
- Participates in on call coverage as needed.
- Maintains professional development.
- Attends department meetings.
- Maintains completion of correlation studies and materials
pertinent to the accreditation of the lab.
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications REQUIRED LICENSURE
AND/OR CERTIFICATIONBasic Cardiac Life Support.Registered in
echocardiography under ARDMS or CC?????????REQUIRED
EDUCATION:????High School diploma or equivalent.Formal training in
echocardiography ultrasound\.?PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE,
CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Registered in echocardiography under ARDMS or CCI within 6
months of hire.
- Reads and writes Basic English with the skills necessary to
understand and transfer physician?s orders and document in medical
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
other personnel and/or equipment.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and
external partners needs.
- Knowledge of the cardiovascular system.
- Flexibility with work situations and basic clerical
- Able to recognize abnormalities, correlate information obtained
and convey preliminary findings to physicians.
- Proficient sonographic techniques in order to produce accurate
and appropriate physiologic information.
- Ability to train subordinates in Echocardiographic ultrasound
techniques. ??Notice Our Company?s recruiters are here to help
unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your
candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Echogram, Registered Sonographer II, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!