Ortho Neuro Registered Nurse
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical CenterSince 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has
provided qualityhealthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region.
As a full-service, acute carehospital in East El Paso with a Level
II Trauma designation in EmergencyServices, we continue to expand
our services to meet the growing needs of ourtristate community,
providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity &
ChildServices, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation
for ourBariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly
renovated 32-bedRehabilitation Hospital.The physicians, nurses and
staff at our 350-bedhospital are committed to providing the highest
quality care with compassionand integrity.
BENEFITS: We offer an excellent total compensation package, for
variouspositions including competitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growthopportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent workwith us. Your benefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,disability, tuition
reimbursement, StudentLoan Assistance Program, employee discount
program. We would love to talkto you about this fantastic
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide professional nursingcare to patients
utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with othermembers of
the health care delivery team including physicians, to
deliverquality health care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment whichis
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
- Practices, develops and endorses customer serviceskills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respectto the
patient s right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching basedon a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors
andrecognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status;
takes appropriateaction based on assessment of the patient.
- Understands and is proficient at research and evidencebased
practice for quality patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of stabilization and assessmentof the
trauma, orthopedic, neurosurgical, stroke and brain injured
patient;takes appropriate actions based on assessment of the
- Understands and is proficient at providing orthopediccare; such
as but not limited to caring for patients with total joints,
spines,trauma, sports injury, and neurological systems injuries.
Must be proficient and able to provide painmanagement, ambulation,
positioning, assessment, wound care and use ofequipment for
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding cardiac rhythms andintervenes
- Other RN duties as assigned.
- Current RNlicensure in Texas--Required
- *ACLScertified--Required *Note: ACLS needs to be completed
within 6 monthafter hire date EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Nursing Science Preferred
- Associates degree orDiploma in Nursing--Required CERTIFICATION,
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE ANDABILITIES:
- 2 years of Medical Nursing or Orthopedic
- Medical Surgical ANCC Certification or ANCC OrthopedicNurse
- Reads and writes basic English--Required
- Effective communication skills, both oral
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problemsolving
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient,family,
internal and external partner needs.--Required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency--Required
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking .For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, coronary, infusion,
intensive, maternal, mhb, neonatal, nurse, recovery
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Ortho Neuro Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!