Medical Technologist PRN
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
About Del Sol Medical CenterSince 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has
provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region.
As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level
II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand
our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly
renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.-- The physicians, nurses
and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the
highest quality care with compassion and integrity. POSITION
SUMMARY:-- Under general supervision, performs routine, complex or
specialized bacteriological, hematological, chemical,
immunological, serological and immunoassay procedures on body
fluids which will aid in the diagnosis and evaluation of the
treatment of diseases while maintaining the highest standards of
medical technology. He/she must maintain the highest standards of
any and all accrediting agencies. The medical technologist performs
related quality control and clerical work as required. --
POPULATION SERVED:-- Clinical Laboratory services performed on
patients from Neonate to Geriatric ages. -- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- ----Medical Technologist Responsibilities (Testing Personnel
Responsibilities - --CMS)
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, reporting and --maintaining records of
patient test results. -------------- 2. --Maintain records that
demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same
manner as patient ------------------------ Specimens.
-------------- 3.-- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control
policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and
---- ------------------------ procedural calibrations and
maintenance performed. -------------- 4.-- Follow the laboratory's
established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not
within the -- ------------------------ laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance. ---- ----------5.-- Be capable of
identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or
reporting of test results ---- ------------------------ and either
must correct the problems or immediately notify the Supervisor,
Laboratory Manager or-- ------------------------ Director.
------------------ ---------- 6.-- --Document all corrective
actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's
established -- ---------------------- performance specifications.
- Performs clinical laboratory assays in one or more of the
- Demonstrates good knowledge concerning techniques and
- Performs tests accurately and precisely according to written
policies and procedures and established practices.------
- Learns and adapts well to new instrumentation and
- Ensures that assay results are reported in a timely, legible,
and meaningful format with appropriate reference values and/or
interpretive comments and delivered to the appropriate clinical
- Ensures that test selection and reference ranges are
appropriate for the age of the patient.
- Performs duties with minimal supervision, showing appropriate
independent judgment. --
- Ensures timely availability of laboratory results.
- Organizes work and work area for efficiency of
- Performs work with sufficient speed to allow acceptable
turnaround time of results.
- Demonstrates good productivity as judged by efficient use of
time and volume of testing and other duties performed.
- Prioritizes work appropriate to relative importance and
- Immediately reports and documents critical values. --
- Ensures the quality of analyses through quality control,
quality assurance, and maintenance activity.
- Performs quality control activities appropriate to each assay
performed, and responds appropriately to outlier results.
- Successfully participates in proficiency testing activities in
each technical area for which the employee has
- Participates in preventive maintenance and repair of
- Participates in preparation of calibrators, reagents and other
- Participates in training and educational activities for the
- Helps train new employees or those with less experience in a
- Participates in providing in-service education for the
laboratory and other hospital personnel. --
- Performs other related duties as directed or required. -- --
- Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills,
knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and
ability to accept and adapt change.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with
both internal and external customers.
- Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as
individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
- Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates
patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
- Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates
opportunities for patient/family education.
- Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices
congruent with policies and procedures.
- Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and
evaluates performance improvement activities at the department
- Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste
reduction and department efficiency.
- Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to information
management policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at
- Communication: Works as a team member through interaction,
assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills
and reporting/activation of the chain of command
- Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements
and evaluates personal performance.
- Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying
with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local
- Environment of care: Demonstrates accountability in role and
responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
- Job Specific:-- Medical Technologist -- --Qualifications
REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONSCurrent BCLS certification
required.-- --REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCEBachelor---s degree in
medical technology, clinical laboratory science or medical
laboratory science from an accredited university. --PREFERRED
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
AND ABILITIESPreferred certification as a Medical Laboratory
Technologist, MT(ASCP), MLS (ASCP), CLS (ASCP) or an equivalent
accrediting agency.-- Preferred general 1-2 years of clinical
laboratory experience or equivalent clinical laboratory training.--
--SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIESAbility to relate professionally
with people, analytical abilities, ability to problem solve, train
employees and to interact with the team.-- Organizational skills,
time management skills, written and verbal communications skills
required.-- Excellent customer service skills required.-- Ability
to navigate through information using acquired computer abilities
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , Medical Technologist PRN, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!