RN / Neuro / Texas / Permanent / Cath Lab Registered Nurse Job
Location: El Paso
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special
expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma),
Cardiology, Womens Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive
Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las
Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in
the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate
facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and
cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility
are committed to caring for our community with compassionate,
quality healthcare. We are located on the Westside of El Paso,
Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide
exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss
communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas
BENEFITS: We offer an excellent total compensation package, for
variouspositions including competitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growthopportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent workwith us. Your benefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program. We would love totalk to
you about this fantastic opportunity. POPULATION SERVED:
Cardiovascular Services serves adult and geriatric patients with
suspected or confirmed cardiovascular disease. Our patient
population is multicultural and has a high prevalence of diabetes
and renal disease. Care planning is individualized based on the
patients assessed needs. This position requires the staff member to
be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide
services within the scope of educational services, based on
physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria
for adult and geriatric age populations.
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care
in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las
Palmas & Del Sol Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse
Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family
and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN
assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment
plans. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
personnel and resources.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents,
orders and documentation are present for procedures.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information
and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are
- Maintains crash carts, defibrillators and pharmaceutical needs
for the department.
- Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care
of the patients in Non-invasive stress testing and the
Interventional Unit on a rotational and/or as needed basis.
- Plans and implements department inservice program.
- Assists Director with PI data collection and report
- Assists Cath Lab Manager in daily assignments according to
competency matrix and departmental needs.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications REQUIRED LICENSURE
- RN licensed in State of Texas or Compaq State
- Specialty certification/training as appropriate
- BCLS certification
- ACLS certification REQUIRED EDUCATION: Minimum of an Associate
Degree in Nursing or Diploma required. REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
Critical Care experience required. PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE,
CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to understand and transfer physician's orders.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and
external partners needs.
- Knowledge of dosages and Critical Care drugs, and nursing
- Knowledge of EKG arrhythmia and hemodynamic monitoring, and
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , RN / Neuro / Texas / Permanent / Cath Lab Registered Nurse Job, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!