Pre-Op Registered Nurse
Company: Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special
expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma),
Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive
Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las
Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in
the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate
facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and
cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility
are committed to caring for our community with compassionate,
quality healthcare. BENEFITS: We offer an excellent total
compensation package, for various positions including competitive
salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We
believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending,
life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Outpatient Staff RN provides direct nursing
care in the Perioperative Service setting, which includes
Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O.R. Holding. This is in
accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas
Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In
collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other
members of the health care team, the clinical Outpatient Staff RN
assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment
plans. The Outpatient Staff RN will assess the patient prior to
surgery, verify doctor orders are implemented as applicable, verify
informed consent is complete, and complete the documentation. The
Outpatient Staff RN will provide professional nursing care to
patient utilizing the nursing process. The Outpatient Staff RN is
responsible for Pre and Post procedure patient and family
- The Outpatient Staff RN demonstrates knowledge and application
of the nursing process for the Perioperative Service setting, which
includes Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O.R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN monitors and recognizes changes in the
patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate
action based on assessment.
- The Outpatient Staff RN utilizes professional skills and
judgment in delivering and /or delegating care for a group of
- The Outpatient Staff RN assesses patients of all ages in the
Perioperative Service setting, which includes Pre-Assessment, Day
of Surgery and O.R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN prepares patients pre-operatively for
procedures per protocol.
- The Outpatient Staff RN anticipates and recognizes potential
complications and acts appropriately.
- The Outpatient Staff RN able to complete and properly document
all required Pre-procedure process for each patient presenting to
the Perioperative Service setting, which includes Pre-Assessment,
Day of Surgery and O. R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN able to assess patient safety risks and
to maintain patient safety during the Perioperative process in each
area of the Perioperative Service setting, which includes
Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O. R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN able to provide Pre- and Post procedure
instructions to patient and family.
- The Outpatient Staff RN meets Job Specific Competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Licensure that allows the practice of professional nursing in
the State of Texas.
- ACLS (6 months from hire date for GN's) REQUIRED
- 1-2 years prior nursing experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from
- Ability to work within a team to ensure quality patient
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs
- Basic computer skills needed. PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE,
CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Specialty certifiction/Training as appropriate
- Able to recognize and treat dysrhythmias.
- Prefer One-year prior Perioperative setting nurse
Keywords: Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso , Pre-Op Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!