Medical Renal RN Resident October Cohort
Company: Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
About Las Palmas Medical Center Las Palmas Medical Center offers
comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room
Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor &
Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care,
and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the
only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas
Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated
patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians,
nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring
for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare. Benefits
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program. We would love to talk to
you about this fantastic opportunity.
Position Summary: The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care
in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las
Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In
collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other
members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans,
implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans Population
Served: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the
following patient population(s): Esophagitis, Gastrointestinal
disorders, Kidney and Urinary Tract infections, Pneumonia and
Pleurisy, Septicemia, Nutritional and Metabolic disorders,
Cellulitis Pulmonary Edema and Respiratory Failure, COPD, Diabetes,
Bronchitis and Asthma, Renal Failure, Renal Transplants, Wounds,
Anemia, PVD, etc. Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Monitor and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Provides leadership and direction to all disciplines assigned
to the health care team.
- Job specific competencies
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with staff assistance
Qualifications Required Licensure/Certifications:
- RN licensed in state of Texas/Compact state
- Completion of RN/LVN program leading to licensure
- Read and write basic English with the basic skills necessary to
understand and transfer physician's orders Required Experience:
Preferred Education, Licensure, Certification, Experience, Skills,
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Preferred experience as RN 1-2 years Med-Surg
- Specialty certification/training as appropriate.
- Radiation certification (unit course completed within 1 yr of
- Read and write Basic English with the basic skills necessary to
understand and transfer physician's orders.
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
- Effective communication skills, both orally and written.
- Computer skills
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to
ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Keywords: Las Palmas Medical Center, El Paso , Medical Renal RN Resident October Cohort, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!