NICU Registered Nurse
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol MedicalCenter
Since 1974, Del SolMedical Center has provided quality healthcare
to El Paso and the surroundingregion. As a full-service, acute care
hospital in East El Paso with a Level IITrauma designation in
Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services tomeet the
growing needs of our tristate community, providing special
expertisein Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III
NICU, a Center ofExcellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a
Level II Trauma Center, anda newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation
Hospital.----The physicians, nursesand staff at our 350-bed
hospital are committed to providing the highestquality care with
compassion and integrity.
BENEFITS:--We offer an excellent total compensation package, for
variouspositions including competitive salary, excellent benefit
package and growthopportunities. We believe in our team and your
ability to do excellent workwith us. Your benefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program. We would love to talk to
you about this fantasticopportunity.
POSITION SUMMARY:To provide professional nursing care to
patientsutilizing the nursing process.-- Incollaboration with the
patient---s family and other members of the health caredelivery
team, including physicians, the NICU RN plans, implements,
evaluatesand coordinates the plan of care.--POPULATION
SERVED:----Core competences will be assessed primarily on the
following patientpopulation served:-- Neonate patients
withdiagnoses/conditions including but not limited to pulmonary
systems, renal,metabolic, and those requiring
- Demonstrates knowledge andapplication of the nursing process
for NICU patients.
- Participates and cooperatesin the unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains andprovides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care througheffective use of
resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops andendorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and externalcustomers.
- Serves as the patient andfamily advocate with respect to the
patient---s right to privacy by protectingconfidential
- Assesses, plans andimplements patient care and teaching based
on a total assessment and the age ofthe patient.
- Evaluates and documentspatient response: monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological andpsychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of thepatient.
- Assists in the PerformanceImprovement activities of the
department, such as pain, adaptation, mobility,and outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.--
Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/ORPREFERRED: (list required
and preferred separately)
- Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diplomain Nursing, or
BSN.--LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:(list required and preferred
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
- Current BLS certification
- Current NRP certificationupon hire (Exception:-- GN must
obtainwithin six (6) months from date of hire or transfer into
- Current S.T.A.B.L.E.certification upon hire.--(Exception:-- GN
must obtain withinsix (6) months from date of hire or transfer into
NICU.)--EXPERIENCEREQUIRED OR PREFERRED:-- (list requiredand
- NICU, Nursery experiencepreferred.-- --SKILLS,KNOWLEDGE, AND
- Reads and writes BasicEnglish with the basic skills necessary
to transfer physician orders.
- Knowledge of body substanceisolation.
- Ability to listen, empathizeand respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanishpreferred.--
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , NICU Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!