L&D Registered Nurse
Company: Del Sol Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: September 13, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
ABOUT DEL SOL MEDICAL CENTER
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare
to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute
care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in
Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the
growing needs of our tristate community, providing special
expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III
NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic,
a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed
Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our
350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality
care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various
positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package
and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability
to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program. We would love to talk to
you about this fantastic opportunity.
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the
nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health
care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following
patient population served: The obstetric ante, intra and postpartum
patient including but not limited to vaginal and cesarean section
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for
Labor & Delivery patients.
* Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement
* Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
resources and personnel.
* Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
* Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients' right to privacy by protecting confidential
* Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient.
* Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes
changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate
action based on assessment of the patient.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN
* S.T.A.B.L.E certification
* Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
* Current BLS certification.
* ACLS certification and NRP within six (6) months from date of
hire or transfer to L&D.
* AWHONN Fetal Heart Monitoring Practices and Principles must be
obtained within eight (8) months from date of hire or transfer to
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to
transfer physician's orders. Required
* Knowledge of body substance isolation. Required
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs.
* Ability to assist with delivery. Required
* Basic computer literacy and skill level to complete patient
* Bilingual in English/Spanish. Preferred
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Del Sol Medical Center, El Paso , L&D Registered Nurse, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!