Director Case Management, Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: El Paso
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare
to El Paso and the surrounding region. As the only full-service,
acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma
designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our
services to meet the growing needs of our tri-state community,
providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, and a
newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians,
nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing
the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
POSITION SUMMARY: Toprovide leadership with regards to Case
Management, resource management,quality and cost effective care.
Responsible for planning, directing, implementing and coordinating
theCase Management efforts at Del Sol Medical Center. ESSENTIAL
- Plans and manages processesto measure, assess and identify
opportunities to improve the performance ofCase Management
Department as well as the total organization performanceimprovement
- Provides administrativedirection to development and evaluation
of all departmental personnel.
- Utilizes every opportunityto educate hospital staff, medical
staff, to their role in the Case Managementprocess.
- Oversees the coordination ofthe patient care process in the
acute care setting by monitoring and evaluatingthese processes and
the services utilized to meet an individuals health needs.
- Understands and models theimportance of communication and
collaboration in the identification andutilization of available
resources to promote quality cost effective outcomes
- Plans for short andlong-term objectives and strategies for
adapting to healthcare change,supporting the mission and values of
- Assess, plans, implementsand evaluates specific departmental
objectives in support of the strategic planof the
- Monitors/manages allresources within the departments; directs,
facilitates, and delegates projectsand allocated resources within
the departments in support of the goals andobjectives of the
- Responsible for meeting allregulatory standards and maintaining
- Supervise the maintenance of appropriate records
- Adheres to The JointCommission standards
- Collaborates with otherhospital Directors in developing
continuum of patient care.
- Manages the performance ofstaff by communicating clear
expectations, providing coaching, feedback, andtaking corrective
action when necessary.
- Responsible for humanresources processes inclusive of: Position
management, hiring, evaluations,counseling, coaching, terminations
and staff development.
- Develop, review, monitor and evaluate policiesand procedures,
protocols and standards of care related to the department.
- Responsible for twenty-fourhour coverage and problem resolution
to the services provided.
- Responsible for planning,coordination and supervision of the
activities of the staff in order to ensurethat all departmental
duties and responsibilities have been assigned andperformed.
- Provides developmentalleadership and goal oriented direction to
- Supports the goals, missionand values of Del Sol Medical Center
Qualifications REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: Current RN
licensure in TX or compact state required Current BCLS from
American Heart Association REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , Director Case Management, Registered Nurse (RN), Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!