Regeistered Nurse (RN) Radiology Special Procedures, Mixed Shift, Week
Location: El Paso
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
About Del Sol Medical Center Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has
provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region.
As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level
II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand
our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community,
providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child
Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for
our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly
renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses
and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the
highest quality care with compassion and integrity. POSITION
SUMMARY: Individual proceeds on his/her own initiative, in
compliance with policies, practices and procedures prescribed by
professional nursing practice and approved by hospitals Nursing
Division. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
Participates, cooperate, and helps develop unit based Quality
- Supports, maintains, and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use for
resources and personnel. Practices, develops, and endorses customer
service skills in relationships with internal and external
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients rights to privacy by protecting confidential
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on
assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes
appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Demonstrates Customer Service/Service Plus principles and
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED
AND/OR PREFERRED: Minimum Associates degree, diploma or BSN
- Current RN license in Texas or compact state required.
- BCLS certification required. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 5 years critical care experience preferred with a good
knowledge of cardiac drugs and arrhythmias.
- Knowledge of hemodynamic monitoring helpful, but not
- This position is exposed to ionizing radiation and requires the
employee to wear a lead apron and stand for long periods of time.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes basic English with the skills necessary to
transfer physicians orders required.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
other staff members required.
- Knowledge of sterile procedures required.
- Ability to listen, empathize, and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs required.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , Regeistered Nurse (RN) Radiology Special Procedures, Mixed Shift, Week, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!