Nurse Practitioner, (NP) Las Palmas Medical Center
Location: El Paso
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
FACILITY SUMMARY: Our 327-bed hospital is a full-service acute care
facility with a qualified team of physicians, nurses and staff who
provide exceptional patient care. Our LifeCare Center offers
inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our
fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient
location Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare
and provides leading-edge technologies. POSITION SUMMARY:
Accountable for rounding, preparing assessment documents for any
and all Physician's use to perform histories and physicals, skills,
procedures, lab interpretation, order sets, and critical thinking
required, in caring for ill patients, in collaboration with the
supervising physician for the unit. Participates in the development
of guidelines for nurse practitioners, and serves as a resource for
staff members, patients, and family. Assist in continuously
improving quality of care, processes and services. Works directly
with physicians and staff in improving the clinical skills of
nurses and raising the standard of care delivered to patients.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following
patient population(s) served: acute medical/ surgical care of
diseases and conditions including but not limited to:
cardiovascular (cardiac medical only) pulmonary, neuron, GI, GU,
GYN, skeletal/muscular, renal, ortho conditions and diseases
including but not limited to: AMI, CAD, PVD, DM, COPD, CHF, shock,
renal failure, metabolic disorders, etc.
- Performs focused or comprehensive initialassessments and
provide assessment documents that the treating physician mayuse as
references to perform histories and physicals in order to
guidedevelopment of the medical plan of care in collaboration for
all unit patientsper admitting physician request
- NP services are to be open and available for allPhysicians to
- Performs designated diagnostic and clinicalprocedures as
defined in an agreed upon pediatric protocol in Wound unit;
- Documents concisely and accurately in themedical record.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement andparticipates in
research, development, education, communication, andimplementation
of system changes.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and appropriatenessof care
and practices through collaboration within the multi-disciplinary
teamby conducting daily assessment rounds, in addition to
- Promotes teamwork and serves a role model,consultant,
delegates, educator, and resource for members of the health
careteam and families.
- Evaluates and applies knowledge of age-relatedand socioeconomic
factors in the assessment, care treatment, and educationpatients
and their families.
- Assists with quality data.
- Collaborates with physicians in order to insureefficiency in
- Promotes customer service.
- After the Supervising physician has provided theinitial order
for use of the protocol which has been approved by the
medicalstaff, NP will prescribe or administer medications,
treatments or proceduresper physician request and under the
supervision of appointed physician.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIREDAND/OR PREFERRED: (list required
and preferred separately)
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursingrequired
- Successful completion of an accredited NursePractitioner degree
- Experience in acute care and management of acutecare patients
preferred. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred
- Current Advanced Nurse Practitioner licensurerequired.
- Current certification in BLS required.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support required.
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , Nurse Practitioner, (NP) Las Palmas Medical Center, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!