Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy, Part Time Days Weekend Rotate
Location: El Paso
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Facility Description:Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive
services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level
III Trauma), Cardiology, Womens Services, Labor & Delivery,
Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound
Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney
Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital
is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise
equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our
325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with
compassionate, quality healthcare.We are located on the Westside of
El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We
provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort
Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas
POSITION SUMMARY: The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care
in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las
Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In
collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other
members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans,
implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans to meet the
needs of the endoscopy schedule, gastroenterologist, pulmonologist
patient and staff needs. The Endoscopy RN collaborates with other
members of the healthcare delivery team including physicians to
deliver quality health care; provides professional nursing care to
patients utilizing nursing process; practices, develops and
endorses customer service skills in relationship with all internal
and external customers; participates and cooperates in the unit
Quality Improvement processes, supports, maintains and provides an
environment which is supportive of quality patient care through
effective use of resources and personal; serves as the patient and
family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by
protecting confidential information; plans and implements patient
care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the
patient; evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and
recognizes changes in physiological and psychological status, takes
appropriate action based on the assessment of the patient
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on
the following patient population(s) served: Endoscopy pre, intra
and post procedure outpatient and inpatients GI, pulmonary
conditions and diseases, etc. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process
for Endoscopy patients of all ages in each assigned area.
- Nurse provides leadership and direction to all disciplines
assigned to the health care team
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of
- Assist in the Performance Improvement activities of the
- Endoscopy RN demonstrates knowledge and application of the
nursing process related in the admitting, intraprocedure and
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes the appropriate action based on
assessment when administer, monitor, and recover patients involving
the use of conscious sedation
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment to coordinate cases
for the Endoscopy unit: assigning patients and appropriate staff to
procedure rooms; accommodate physicians with preferred times;
problem solve scheduling issues with add-ons, staff
changes/shortages, and patient issues.
- Educates the patient/family based on individuals needs
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Maintains patient privacy at all times.
- Assist physicians with specific Endoscopy procedures according
- Has the ability to use all the equipment in the endoscopy unit
in a proficient and safe manner.
- Logs in the unit pertinent data in the log book completely,
accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with OR, Radiology and with other staff members to
facilitate the management of the day's schedule cases.
- Is responsible for following the hospital and unit policies and
- Provides care for endoscopy outpatients, bedside ER, ICU, PICU
- Responsible for meeting SGNA and JCAHO standards
- Attends and participates in unit meetings, if not in attendance
is responsible for reading the minutes of the meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications REQUIRED
- Licensure that allows the practice of professional nursing in
the state of Texas.
- ACLS ( with exception of GN , 6 months from DOH)REQUIRED
- 1-2 years nursing experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from
- Ability to manage a team and work within a tam to ensure
quality patient care.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs
- Basic computer skillsPREFE...
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy, Part Time Days Weekend Rotate, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!