SOCIAL WORKER PRN CASE MANAGEMENT AT THE HOSPITAL OF PROVIDENCE TRANSMOUNTAIN CAMPUS
Location: El Paso
Posted on: April 18, 2019
SummaryThe Social Worker is responsible to facilitate care along a
continuum through effective resource coordination to help patients
achieve optimal health, access to care and appropriate utilization
of resources, balanced with the patient's resources and right to
The individual in this position has overall responsibility for to
assess the patient for transition needs including identifying and
assessing patients at risk for readmission.
Conducts complex psycho-social assessment and intervention to
promote timely throughput, safe discharge and prevent avoidable
This position integrates national standards for case management
scope of services including:
Transition Management promoting appropriate length of stay,
readmission prevention and patient satisfaction
Care Coordination by demonstrating throughput efficiency while
assuring care is the right sequence and at appropriate level of
Compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, TJC
accreditation standards and Tenet policy
Education provided to physicians, patients, families and caregivers
?Leads a population of patients by service line and/or leads the
team by being a resource to Tenet performance standards.
ResponsibilitiesThis individual's responsibility will include the
- Complex psycho-social transition planning assessment and
reassessment and intervention,
- Assistance with adoptions, abuse and neglect cases, including
assessment, intervention and referral as appropriate to local,
state and /or federal agencies,
- Care coordination, d) implementation or oversight of
implementation of the transition plan,
- Leading and/or facilitating multi-disciplinary patient care
conferences including Complex Case Review,
- Making appropriate referrals to other departments, g )
communicating with patients and families about the plan of
- Collaborating with physicians, office staff and ancillary
departments, I) assuring patient education is completed to support
post-acute needs ,
- Timely complete and concise documentation in Case Management
system, k ) maintenance of accurate patient demographic and
- Precepts new staff members and acts as a resource to all
- Facilitates TEMPO as needed,
- Participates in department quality improvement initiatives,
- Other duties as assigned.
ExperiencePreferred:Two (2) years acute hospital experience.
CertificationsRequired:MSW based on license requirements of the
state in which the Tenet Hospital operates.
Preferred:Accredited Case Manager (ACM).
Job:Non-Clinical/AdministrativePrimary Location:El Paso,
TexasFacility:The Hospitals of Providence Transmountain CampusJob
Keywords: Tenet, El Paso , SOCIAL WORKER PRN CASE MANAGEMENT AT THE HOSPITAL OF PROVIDENCE TRANSMOUNTAIN CAMPUS, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!