RN / NICU / Texas / Permanent / Ortho Neuro Registered Nurse Coordinator Job
Location: El Paso
Posted on: May 15, 2023
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As the only full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic and Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
Benefits We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. JOB SUMMARY
To coordinate the Orthopedic Service line at Del Sol Medical Center to include establishing and preparing the mechanism to deliver unique services in surgical care. This includes planning for and oversight of training, supplies, equipment, and instrumentation for the delivery of surgical care across the continuum in Orthopedic surgery. The Orthopedic Services Coordinator is integral in evaluating service needs, care delivery related to quality, safety, and efficiency of care for Orthopedic surgery program at Del Sol Medical Center. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES. (The essential responsibilities and accountabilities of this position including interactions with other departments and outside vendors, if applicable, in PRIORITY order.)
1. Work with staff to use a standardized setup for orthopedic surgery cases (as feasible) and operating rooms.
a. Working along with the OR manager Coordinator will standardize the location for orthopedic cases, operating room layout and instrument trays
2. Maintains an up-to-date list of equipment/supplies kept/stock in the OR(s) and proactively communicates with OR supply chain personnel to assure appropriate par levels.
a. Develop an efficient restocking system to ensure supplies are readily available, with materials management.
3. Designate instruments and accessory selections for procedures within the service line and maintains up-to-date instrument count sheets, in coordination with SPD supervisor and accurate surgeon preference cards, update and revision, with materials management personnel.
4. Prepares and maintains an up-to-date resource book for all staff to reference.
5. Works collaboratively with Surgical Services Educator, Service Line Coordinators and Lead Techs to develop education programs for all roles supporting orthopedic surgery in surgical services.
a. Education and orientation for new staff and staff new to the orthopedic service line.
b. In collaboration with the Surgical Services Educator and manager, promote staff development through creating and implementing educational programs related to orthopedic surgery and maintain education and skills records.
6. Works collaboratively with Surgical Services Educator, Surgical Services Manager, Service Line Coordinators, Lead Techs, to develop competencies and conduct annual competency assessments for orthopedic surgery.
a. Roles and functions of the circulator, scrub, and first assistant and unique functions specifically related to orthopedic surgery equipment
b. Competencies for orthopedic procedures, specialized orthopedic procedures, and all other procedures indicated by coordinator, as well as all indicated procedures in the service line that impact orthopedic surgery.
c. Patient positioning and safety considerations
d. Decontamination and reprocessing of specialized instrumentation and equipment
7. Provide staff with updates on new technology, instrumentation, supplies, software updates, etc.
8. In concert with dedicated team members, implement process improvements related to quality, patient safety, efficiency and turnover, room organization, instrumentation, supplies, and equipment.
9. Identify opportunities to grow services and maximize financial revenue of the program
a. Work with organizational sales representatives to identify new surgeons
b. Provide assistance to and coordinate activities with surgical scheduling to maximize surgeon access to orthopedic equipment
c. Maintain vigilance and work collaboratively to assure cost effective, high quality strategies for care delivery
10. Functions as an active member of the Surgical Committee
a. Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information discussed in committee
b. Provide timely feedback regarding personnel and surgeon issues related to surgical service line
11. Participate in new and reoccurring education to maintain clinical competencies and skills required as a leader within Surgical Services and as Orthopedic Services Coordinator
12. Performs other duties as requested and as required
Qualifications LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state. Required.
Current BLS certification. Required
Current ACLS certification and Required Other required experience: Experience in an operating room. Familiarity with equipment and instruments used in this area, medical terminology, supply management experience. Knowledge of computer systems used in the operating room and materials management. ( Meditech, Smart, eProcurement) Excellent organizational skills and work with m
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Keywords: HCA., El Paso , RN / NICU / Texas / Permanent / Ortho Neuro Registered Nurse Coordinator Job, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
here to apply!