Cath Recovery Registered Nurse PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the PRN career opportunities
as a(an) Cath Recovery Registered Nurse PRN you want with your
current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join
Las Palmas Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsWe offer an
excellent total compensation package, for various positions
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We
believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.Learn
more about Employee BenefitsOur teams are a committed, caring group
of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Cath Recovery
Registered Nurse PRN where your passion for creating positive
patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for
the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We
want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and
QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY: The Cardiovascular Nurse provides
direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and
procedures of Las Palmas/Del Sol Medical Center and the Texas Board
of Nurse Examiners. The Cardiovascular Nurse will supervise and
provide feedback to the Director regarding patient care and is a
clinical role model. In collaboration with the patient, the
patient's family, and other members of the health care team, the
clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates
treatment plans. The Cardiovascular Nurse will be cross-trained to
assist in the Hybrid OR, EP Lab, Heart Recovery, Non-invasive
procedures to include EKG and stress testing. On-Call is required.
Core Competencies will be assessed in accordance to the units'
specific patient population served.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates advanced level of clinical skills and the ability
to mentor others to improve the delivery of quality care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and
physiological status; takes appropriate action based on
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or
delegating care for a group of patients.
- Participates and cooperates in the departmental based Quality
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is
supportive of quality patient care through effective use of
personnel and resources.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total
assessment and the age of the patient. Ensures that consents,
orders and documentation are present for procedures.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate with respect to the
patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information
and by informing the physicians of patient requests.
- Ensures sterile techniques and patient safety are
- Maintains department equipment, orders inventory for the Hybrid
OR, Cath Lab, Heart recovery Unit, and non-invasive areas.
- Assures case charges are completed each day and ensures daily
departmental pharmaceutical needs are met.
- Participates in Standby and On Call. Provides coverage for care
of patients in the CVS departments on needed basis.
- Plans and implements department in-service program.
- Assists Director with PI data collection and report
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Advance Cardiac Life support within 6 months of hire
- RN licensure in State of Texas or Compact StateREQUIRED
- Diploma, Associates or Bachelors in Nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a registered nursePREFERRED
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Reads and writes basic English with the skills necessary to
understand and transfer physician's orders and documentin medical
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from
other personnel and/or equipment.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family and
external partners needs.
- Knowledgeable of age appropriate medication dosages and
medications commonly used in critical care.
- Knowledgeable of hemodynamic monitoring and intra-aortic
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to
ensure quality patient care.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- CCRN or Cardiac Specialty Nursing Certification. is a300+
bedfull-service hospital in El Paso. It is home tothe region's
only. The facility offers aincluding emergency care with aLevel III
trauma center, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and
NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of
Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider
for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA
Healthcare.HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a
hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-FounderIf you are looking for an opportunity that
provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Cath Recovery Registered Nurse PRN opening. We review
all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, El Paso , Cath Recovery Registered Nurse PRN, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!