Lead Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: El Paso
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you passionate about the patient
experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for
patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
Jump-start your career as a(an) Lead Registered Respiratory
Therapist Transport today with Las Palmas Medical
Center.BenefitsLas Palmas Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Lead Registered Respiratory Therapist
Transport. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA
Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to
charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and
QualificationsPOSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the assessment,
treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation, and care of
patients during the transport process under the direction of
Director, Administrative Director, and Medical Director of the
transport team. Collaborates with other professionals to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes and can function autonomously in an
advanced clinical role with responsibilities in the areas of
clinical care, leadership, education, consultation and research.
Contributes to the provision of quality care through performance
improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in
patient care, in accordance to Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare
mission and values statement.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Provides
comprehensive respiratory care of a critically ill neonate, infant,
pediatric, maternal patient in the transport environment using
transport protocols. . Initiates, monitors and maintains
mechanically ventilated patients to include the administration of
respiratory care treatments.
- a. Intubates and/or assists with placement of artificial
- b. Performs and documents patient assessment including but not
limited to breath sounds, airway patency and cuff pressure at least
once per shift.
- c. Verifies and documents ventilator function and patient
status per department policy.
- d. Assists at deliveries as requested for neonatal
resuscitation and/or stabilization.
- e. Administers and documents therapy according to established
- f. Instructs patients and family members in proper methods of
- g. Responds promptly to treatment needs in Emergency
- h. Responds immediately to codes and correctly manages the
airway and external compressions
- i. Responds immediately to all emergent patient situations
including but not limited to Rapid Response, Stroke Alert, Stemi
Alert and Trauma Alert.
- g. Functions as a team leader in the absence of a MD and
coordinates patient's care. The transport nurse is also responsible
for setting the example and fostering an environment of teamwork
within the group of team members present to include RN, RT, MD,
ambulance staff, helicopter staff, and referring facility
- h. As a member of the team, the transport nurse may be required
to be "on call" as needed to ensure adequate transport
coverage.Provides comprehensive respiratory care of a critically
ill Neonate, infant, pediatric or maternal patient in the transport
environment using transport protocols
- a. Documents patient assessment consistently, completely and
- b. Safely and correctly assists with administering medications
and IV therapy according to transport team policy.
- c. Carries out appropriate interventions based on identified
changes in patient condition.
- d. Evaluated plan of care to determine need for
- e. Provides clinical support to referring hospital staff.
- f. Interacts effectively with team members.
- g. Communicates effectively and accurately with the nursing
staff and physicians of all referring facilities.
- h. Provides in-house transport of NICU/PICU, and other areas as
- Technical/skill requirements and responsibilities specific to
the transport environment
- a. Assumes responsibility for the procurement and maintenance
of respiratory transport supplies and equipment.
- b. Maintains competency in usage of all transport related
equipment and supplies and performs annual competencies.
- c. Maintains competency (bi-annually) in ambulance, helicopter,
and fixed wing aircraft safety as well as competency caring for
patients in those environments.
- d. Assumes responsibility for knowing all transport standards
of practice and policy and procedures. The Transport RT in
conjunction with the transport RN independently manages the care of
the transported neonate, infant, pediatric, and/or high-risk
maternal patient based on medical protocol and/or direction from
- e. Collaboratively supports the transport nurse in the absence
of a physician in coordinating the neonates, infant, pediatrics
and/or high-risk OB patient care according to the transport
standards of care. The transport therapist is also responsible for
setting the example and fostering the environment of teamwork
within the group of team members present to include, RN, RT, MD,
ambulance staff, helicopter staff, and referring facility
- f. As a member of the team, the transport therapist must be
able to maintain flexibility to adapt to changing work environment
including ensuring a transport therapists is on shift at all times
- g. Maintains competency and trains peers to perform in-house
- h. Maintains competency and trains peers to attend high-risk
- i. Performs therapeutic procedures utilizing expanded skills as
per protocols and competency-based training.Leadership/Education
- a. Participates in facility and outreach education. Actively
participates in teaching opportunities and supports team members
who choose to teach within the program or community.
- b. Participates in education and/or orientation of new
transport team members and peers as needed.
- c. Functions as a resource for the NICU, PICU, L&D, and
- d. Assists in the identification, development and
implementation of educational needs of staff.
- e. Teaches, supports and nurtures new employees to afford every
opportunity for success of the individual, department and transport
- f. Maintains: required certification.
- g. Maintains current and in depth knowledge of neonatal,
infant, pediatric and maternal standards of practice and all
transport policies and procedures.
- h. Transport RT will attend mandatory education and
- j. Completes unit specific, department specific and transport
team specific competency requirements.Performs Noninvasive and
Invasive diagnostic tests and monitoring
- a. Performs arterial blood gas sampling and analyses and
communicates "critical values" immediately per department
- b. Performs beside spirometry and accurately records
- c. Performs peak flow, inspiratory and expiratory force, vital
capacity measurements and accurately records results
- d. Monitors pulse oximetry, transcutaneous C02 and end-tidal
- e. f. Performs cleaning, preventive maintenance and calibration
of respiratory care equipment as required.Assesses training needs
and delivers training for clinical staff utilizing appropriate
training methods, critical care transport learning concepts and
facilitation skills. Miscellaneous
- a. Functions as respiratory care protocol assessor.
- b. Participates in quality assurance activities by collecting
and analyzing PI data (e.g. vent audits, transport audits,
- c. Performs other duties as assigned.Quality management/process
- a. Recognizes quality assurance as a tool for improving patient
care and documentation
- b. Participates in quality assurance activities related to
transports by collecting and analyzing QI data.
- c. Demonstrates understanding of policies/procedures by
incorporating these into patient careWhat qualifications you will
- Registered as RRT by the National Board of Respiratory Care and
licensed in the state of Texas
- ENPC Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course; if transfer, 1 year
grace from date of transfer
- NRP Neonate Resuscitate
- STABLE; 6 month grace from date of transfer/hire
- C-NPT; 24 month grace from date of transfer/hire
- NPS; 6 month grace from date of transfer/hireREQUIRED
- Associate Degree
- Minimum of 2 years Level III NICU and/ or PICU and/or Adult
Critical Care or ERPREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION,
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor Degree Allied Health Area
- Critical Care Transport experience
- Certificate of course completion for TNCC within first one year
of date of transfer or hire
- SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Reads and writes Basic English.
- Ability to move in excess of 50 pounds with assistance from
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patients, families,
internal and external partners, managerial and employee needs.This
role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).Las Palmas Medical Center is a
300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the
region's only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range
of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma
center, cardiac care, women's services, pediatric care and NICU,
cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las
Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for
El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. "The great hospitals will always put
the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great
institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity
for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Lead Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport
opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, El Paso , Lead Registered Respiratory Therapist Transport, Healthcare , El Paso, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!